Josh Brookes Cadwell Park BSB

Name
Neil
Edit My Images
Yes
Made a late decision the previous evening to go to Cadwell Park for BSB qualifying on the Saturday. Pleased I did, first time visitor and really enjoyed the day, great circuit and some cracking weather helped.
A few shots of the double winner. As always any comments welcome.
Neil.
787A1787 Josh Brookes Milwaukee Yamaha Cadwell Park BSB by nb100, on Flickr
787A1815 Josh Brookes Milwaukee Yamaha Cadwell Park BSB by nb100, on Flickr
787A1906 Josh Brookes Milwaukee Yamaha Cadwell Park BSB by nb100, on Flickr
787A1268 Josh Brookes Milwaukee Yamaha Cadwell Park BSB by nb100, on Flickr
787A1180 Josh Brookes Milwaukee Yamaha Cadwell Park BSB by nb100, on Flickr

Super set, great detail. What sort of lens were these shot on? Thanks

A super set, some great different shots and a good variety - great colours and a great sense of action

I would possibly try to blur the background a little in the last jump shot (head on) as I find the crowds etc a little distracting - he doesn't "pop" out the photo like the other shots...

Wicked photos and just love the jump ones

thanks Martin, Brookes was easily the best jumper.

I think brooks could have topped Johnny over the jump! Great pics!

Cheers Arthur.
A super set, some great different shots and a good variety - great colours and a great sense of action

I would possibly try to blur the background a little in the last jump shot (head on) as I find the crowds etc a little distracting - he doesn't "pop" out the photo like the other shots...

Thanks Andy, i did use a wide aperture to try and make the spectators as out of focus as possible, but i take your point. Might try and blur them further still in pp.

Some great angles as always Neil, I think you may have gone a little ott on the sharpening though (well at least to my eye). Background in the last one is looking especially odd with sharp spectator knees and Gaussian faces :confused: sorry trying to be constructive :)

Thanks Jonny,

Never really know how much sharpening to add and my approach isn't very scientific, its something I should read up on. In the last shot I tried to add extra blur to the spectators but it does look a little odd on peoples limbs !

Thanks Jonny,

Never really know how much sharpening to add and my approach isn't very scientific, its something I should read up on. In the last shot I tried to add extra blur to the spectators but it does look a little odd on peoples limbs !

If you wanna add blur accurately you'll need to mask from the crest of the hill up without Brooke's and the lights/pa... You can do it using the brush tools but getting right in there with the polygonal lasso will do a better job. Lol welcome to the b******t I have to go through every time hahaha ;-)

If you wanna add blur accurately you'll need to mask from the crest of the hill up without Brooke's and the lights/pa... You can do it using the brush tools but getting right in there with the polygonal lasso will do a better job. Lol welcome to the b******t I have to go through every time hahaha ;-)

Cheers I tend to do basic adjustments in Apples Aperture, it not sophisticated enough to do masks. It might be time I had another look at lightroom which seems to rate highly, but not sure if you can do masks with that either ?

Last edited:
Cheers I tend to do basic adjustments in Apples Aperture, it not sophisticated enough to do masks. It might be time I had another look at lightroom which seems to rate highly, but not sure if you can do masks with that either ?

Ahhh I see... Pretty sure Lightroom will let you mask but not sure if you have to paint them in or not rather than lasso :-/ I stick to photoshop as Lightroom all seems a bit alien to me with it's workflow system

love number 1 and 4 but a great set. I was there to on saturday but my photos are not to your standard

Some nice shots of them coming over the mountain. That track always scared the #%#$ out of me, particularly that bit.

Was a good second race.

Quality set Neil I know where most of these were taken due to my one visit to The Mountain but where did you shoot 4 which is my pick of the bunch I have an idea but if its where I am thinking that's one monster crop.

How were the crowds re getting a good spot on a BSB weekend ?

When did you get the 2.8 ?

love number 1 and 4 but a great set. I was there to on saturday but my photos are not to your standard

Thanks Kev, we picked a glorious day weather wise.
As for the standard, I come away with plenty of failures but it's trying to get the good shots that keeps me going.

Great Photos 3 & 4 for me[/QUOTE]

Thanks Chris.
Some nice shots of them coming over the mountain. That track always scared the #%#$ out of me, particularly that bit.

Was a good second race.

Thanks Jonathan, i enjoyed the races on TV.
Fantastic set there. #3 looks very scary !

Cheers, I think those guys don't scare easily though.

Quality set Neil I know where most of these were taken due to my one visit to The Mountain but where did you shoot 4 which is my pick of the bunch I have an idea but if its where I am thinking that's one monster crop.

How were the crowds re getting a good spot on a BSB weekend ?

When did you get the 2.8 ?

Thanks Gary, #4 was taken as they exit the right hander after Coppice heading towards Charlies. It is a fair size crop, I've got some similar shots as I liked the light on the bikes and a dark background.

The 70-200mm 2.8 is what I usually use at Brands when not using the 400, had it for ages !

Last edited:
Lovely work with 5 the outstanding shot for me!

Some really good images there, particularly 3 and 5. That mountain section is scary, its amazing how much "air time" he's getting.

Back