weekly Jpay01's 52Week Challenge.2012/ Sigh's here everybody

Jay, this might be the hardest theme so far, but personally I also think this is also your best image to date. :) Very original and thought provoking.

There's some vignetting in the top corners - not sure if that was intended or not?

Wow I like that! I wouldn't get sigh without the explanation, but who cares when it's as good a shot as that!

Just saw your last fear one too; if I wasn't such a hard and manly man (I wish), it'd almost have made me cry; as you say it's a very beautiful form of remembrance. Very personal. And I think you've treated it very sensitively too.

As usual I have revisited this location and thought I'd add some continuation shots on this theme...

Inspired by George Rodger's images in Bergen Belsen,

Self portrait HDR by jpay01, on Flickr

This one goes a little further to say how that we are controlled and our opinions are not voiced, (some of the safety tape is covering my mouth) Unsuccessful but think it's still working in some aspects...

Self portrait by jpay01, on Flickr

Which do you think?

Direction : Whilst I do like the wire wool shot... not something I've attempted as yet.. but I like the idea of getting a mate to handle the burning wool :LOL:.. I think, despite the deeper meaning needed to interpret the first image, I prefer it.

Fear : An understandable fear, I have to say it didn't shout it to me (nor did the direction for that matter ;)). I'm sorry... I find the blur on the second to be too much for my eyes, and I find it to distracting..

:agree:
Jay, can I start by saying I like most of your images that you have posted so far but do agree with John on that they don't really shout the themes to me either. Photographically though they are very well captured. The colour and composition of your wire wool spinning work really well, as an image theres a lot to like about it.
The memorial stones images are also well captured, I particularly like the colour tones and colour contrast in these. The red post it notes against the stone work well too along with your processing (y)
The "sigh" photographs are a little lost on me. I see you are a photography student and can see these working well within a portfolio but body parts lying around doesn't quite work for me in the context of this weeks theme, sorry. I don't get the self portrait even with the deeper meaning of your description.
All of the above is IMHO, apologies if it sounds harsh and please feel free to ignore. (y) Good luck for the rest of the 52. Iain

Hi there,
I appreciate the comments, and although this is a photography forum I would say my recent work lends itself slightly to fine art as the artists I'm researching are all in this area.

As a photography forum I know that I will get these responses but I will also interpret themes with a conceptual approach to keep links within my work consistent, for my university portfolio.

I'd also say that if an image is good enough to hold the attention of the audience they might develop to gain an understanding of the theme. (not saying mine does, but hopefully one day)

Appreciate the comments and this week I might try to concentrate on a real theme buster!

Thanks for all the other comments everyone, I'm trying to find you all!

Hi Jay,

I really like your images so far. 'fear' and 'Sigh' are very good. The graveyard being particley poignant

Wow the excavator is a strong image very striking, yes sigh is hidden but it doesn't bother me as we are all out to push the bounds of these topics and I guess you got the image you had seen. Definately your best photo so far. I look forward to next weeks photo.

Back