jpegs look lighter in photoshop:Ponders:

Edit My Images
Yes
I can't work out why when I adjust a picture in photoshop to my liking, when I upload here it looks much darker. When I view in windows picture viewer it is dark too. Only looks the way I meant it to in photoshop. Anybody know what settings I should be looking at to fix this?

You may need to mess with Photoshop's colour management (Edit>>Colour Settings, or CTRL+SHIFT+K).

I had this problem, it seems that windows XP has gamma correction too. I got it fixed by setting every thing to the same sRBG setting I think. But then it was a while ago.
:)

you do need to make sure that the colour space is set the same in PS as you use for windows. Although Adobe gamma should over-ride this. When windoze loads on my pc, there is a visible change in the gamma of my desktop when adobe gamma kicks in during the loading process.

I've had many problems with the gamma on my computer as if I set the gamma using the nview utility it then seems to affect the adobe gamma. I found the best solution was to leave the video card neutral and then just use adobe gamma.

oh yeah, and if you're saving images for web use they need to be in sRGB colour space.

Back