jpg weirdness - what did I do wrong?!

Name
Dave
Edit My Images
Yes
This is weird - i've clearly done something wrong when i resized the image - but i cannot replicate it, so I'm not sure what I've done ...and if I don't understand it I'll probably make the same mistake again! :bang:

The GF makes jewellery and I'd volunteered to take the photos (which provided me with the excuse i needed to get a 'proper' camera from the classifieds on here!), anyway she was asked to send a picture in for a new designers competition - so I had to resize one of my pictures to go on a website. I did it and emailed it over - but when it was published on their website the colours all looked different - kind of flat compared to the original - here it is (saved from their site):
Laura-Gravestock-710x470_weird.jpg

...but when i resize my original photo now, by any method i know, it always looks the same as the original (...tbh a bit over saturated! :nuts:):
Laura-Gravestock-710x470.jpg

Anyone else had this problem and can help me understand what i did wrong so i don't do it again?!

Could be a colour space problem, you get the same effect if you process an image in AdobeRGB (the default setting for Photoshop and Lightroom) and then export it to Flickr, which uses sRGB.

I notice this effect on this forum, if you copy a post the two pictures, the original post and the new post, have different appearences, does anyone know if this is a jpeg anomoly, if sending pictures is another file format better eg; tiff files, that will replicate precisely how they should appear.

Paul

Could be a colour space problem, you get the same effect if you process an image in AdobeRGB (the default setting for Photoshop and Lightroom) and then export it to Flickr, which uses sRGB.

I've not intentionally changed the colour space before (not sure how i would) - but maybe i've got different defaults set up for a normal save and a 'save for web' ...will have a look at that. Thanks!

Don't know the solution to the jpeg problem, but tell your GF that I love the pieces ;)

Thanks Tina, i will do - she'll be be really chuffed (y)! The pictures are for a competition to get into a London jewellery shop which she's really excited about - if you like it have a look here

Back