Jumping Mad! (LIGHTING SET UP ADDED)

Edit My Images
Yes
So I've got 3+ long weeks off work ahead of me pretty much stuck indoors.
lucky I've got a friend to keep me company. He needs feeding, I'll try and catch him some flies later. Although in my current state it will be hard for me to catch a cold!
C+C always welcome.

jumpingspider06.jpg

jumpingspider05.jpg

jumpingspider04.jpg

jumpingspider03d.jpg

jumpingspider02.jpg

jumpingspider07d.jpg

Some of you were intrested in the lighting set up used, I've done a short explanation over on my blog. You can find it here
http://www.danielporrett.co.uk

Images should now be 800 along largest side, unless im doing something wrong?

Last edited:
What a cuddly friend, nice set of images.

I'm terrified of spiders but these are beautiful!

Superb series Dan, I really love the jumping spiders, although very small they're very photogenic :thuumbs:

these are brilliant, #2 & #5 are outstanding.

Excellent set:clap: Looks kind of friendly in a spiderey sort of way!

#5 favourite, looks like an monster appearing over a hill with the red glow behind it :)

yep, #5 for the pink halo-crescent-whatever-shaped background framing the MONSTER!!!

The first one would be a cracker if the red were toned down to a dark gray, I find it detracts from the subject too much

regards Toonie

Much better famas, my eye goes straight to all the other eyes now (y)

Regards Toonie

What an awesome set! Really interesting reading about the lighting setup too - especially the use of beer glasses as diffusers!

I love the coin ones - they give the spider size perspective. Truly awesome set and a truly awesome feller!

Excellent shots, the depth you got is frankly amazing. Plus it makes spiders look cuddly...damn spider PR agent!

Back