Jumping portrait

Name
Gareth
Edit My Images
Yes
Taken yesterday
Subject - My mate :D
I framed the image so he was slightly to the left of the shot looking into the right of the frame, works ? :?

Pentax K20D & 16-45mm & Metz 48AF-1
Aperture Priority @f5.6 - 1/125th sec Camera -1EV flash compensation, Flash -0.7 compensation
5546524150_cab6c068aa_z.jpg

works ok for me- (y)

one little crit-clone out the people in the distance:wave:

Les :D

Does nothing for me! It looks like he's jumping for another photographer! A bit of eye contact and a bit of pop by under exposing the bg by a touch would Improve it IMHO.

.... It looks like he's jumping for another photographer! A bit of eye contact and a bit of pop by under exposing the bg by a touch would Improve it IMHO.

I agree, it does look like he is posing for someone else, but having said that, it's good to try some thing different, or all portraits would look similar! He does need to 'pop' from the background a little. His face is quite brightly lit (I presume from a flash) which makes it a similar shade to the sky. Not enough contrast between the two, in my humble opinion. Clone out the people in the backgropund, and a little processing (Burn the bg in PS a touch?) and it could help bring it to life. :)

Did a quick bit of PP this morning on it to add a sky and remove the people in the background:

I could only find 1 stock image of a sky on the PC !!

5549271287_512ee5b0d5_z.jpg

This one I removed some clouds to help differentiate the face from the background?

5549861130_81fef65f14_z.jpg

I think it is better and prefer the 1st one.
I would have liked to see a lower POV to emphasise the height of the jump

First edit is much better. I'm not 100% on the clouds, but that's just me!

Back