Jupiter and Mars

BJP

Name
Baz
Edit My Images
Yes
Don't know anything about stargazing but I did know this morning when I was out with the dogs (6am) I must have been looking at Mars as it was orange . It was directly under a large star which turns out to be Jupiter as I just Googled it :)

"The planets will initially appear straight down in a vertical line with Jupiter above and Mars underneath, but as they move apart they will appear as a diagonal line, with Jupiter on the top left and Mars on the bottom right."

Just to add , if I hadn't sold my 200-500 last week I may have had a photo to show :confused:

Just a heads up if you're out with the dog at the same time on Thursday (11th) they will be joined by a just past last quarter Moon. That might be worth a shot with a wider angle lens if you have one (and if it's clear.............).

Hoping to get a look. Both yesterday and today (at about 7am) the sky was clear, apart from south and east:(

Dave

Just a heads up if you're out with the dog at the same time on Thursday (11th) they will be joined by a just past last quarter Moon. That might be worth a shot with a wider angle lens if you have one (and if it's clear.............).

Saw this morning , I take it the moon will be a bit closer tomorrow ?

Yep. Also saw this when out with the dog. Moon should be closer tomorrow and I hope the sky is as clear.

I saw it between 6-7 am , just look for the moon and the planets will be to the left and below .

Back