Critique Just a couple from a wedding :-)

Name
Nick
Edit My Images
Yes
We were at my cousins wedding on Saturday and I couldn't help borrowing the bride and groom for 2 minutes to take a couple of shots :)

Before anyone says anything about being uncle bob or similar, I stayed out of the way of the official photographer and didn't bother him at all. These shots were taken away from them and aren't "poached" poses.

Please feel free to share your opinions and thought about the photos. :)

Nick

1 - Steph

2 - Jon

3 - Steph & Jon - I'm aware the sun is a bit harsh in this one so please excuse the shadows :)

Hi Nick,

3 nice photos :)
Im not sure about the wall running through their heads though, I may have got them to stand next to the wall, with myself also standing next to the wall, to their side about 10 foot away or so (or more or less, depends on what you want), shooting at them using the wall as a leading line to the subject. Hope thats of some use to you :)

you're welcome fella - I have yet to get an opportunity of a wall or hedge row I could try it out on myself. I just keep seeing that type of shot appear in a lot of images and on tutorials and thought I'd drop it in :)

Big careful not to create a rod for your own back - in the first one you have her dress half in shade and half in bright sunlight. That just causes PP trouble and never looks good.

I would have asked him to put the pint down in number 2.

Harsh light in number 3 but lovely happy faces.

Be careful not to create a rod for your own back - in the first one you have her dress half in shade and half in bright sunlight. That just causes PP trouble and never looks good.

I would have asked him to put the pint down in number 2.

Harsh light in number 3 but lovely happy faces.

I think the "Jon" on his own is excellent, I'd wager better than any the main photographer got, there is a good pose, good mood and good focus separation.
A couple of small potted plants either side would be nice ...

Here's another. This one is a funny one, i was stood way too close to them with my 50mm so couldnt fit them all in on one shot, so i quickly took 3 shots from right to left and used photomerge in photoshop to stitch them together, flabberghasted at the fact that it managed it and you cant tell. unfortunately because i was stood at an angle to them the focus has dropped off as you get to the left hand side which is a bit annoying but it was a spur of the moment shot while the main guy had them posed. (hence them not looking at me!)

I'm relatively happy with it and more to the point they like it so i guess its all ok in the end, would of liked them to be looking at me but what can you do, thats what the paid photographer is for :)

Back