Name
Mark
Edit My Images
Yes
12137-1435872455-f94f1768c8b34ead483fcc79b0c37ef5.jpg

Caught this one mid-shake, amazingly kept it's head pretty much still

12138-1435872462-e24bdb485a91b8fc0053353fee167bfe.jpg

Generic Peacock shot :D

I think the first one is a Zebra finch from memory of keeping them Mark,quite noisy little critters.You have managed to retain a decent amount of sharpness given the fact it was ruffling itself.The Peacock shot is nice,colorful and and has plenty of detail,worthy of a print I would say.

Edit: Just looking twice at that one Mark,I would say it seems slightly sharper on the fan of feathers more than the head,that may well be down to uploading and hosting.General rule of thumb if you are not aware,is when finishing your editing,or even if you are happy with shooting Jpegs and no editing,resize the image to whatever on the longest side you wish.Then give it a sharpen,or when you save the image use the "Save for web and devices option"

Last edited:
You're right Lynne. The head isn't very sharp. Focal point has always been my weakness. I can take 200 shots and only 2 will be focused correctly :(.

Thanks for the feedback guys :ty:

You're right Lynne. The head isn't very sharp. Focal point has always been my weakness. I can take 200 shots and only 2 will be focused correctly :(.

Thanks for the feedback guys :ty:

We all have our weakness points Mark,though sadly a lot are afraid to admit to them ;)

No.2 is a beautiful image. As mentioned above it would have been better if the eye was a bit more in focus. Maybe if stopped down a bit ?

Not withstanding this, it is a very sweet image which I would be happy with. Nice one !

Not so keen on the ZF, it looks a bit over-exposed on my monitor at least and I think there is a bit to much empty space on the LHS of the image. A square crop might be better ?

Back