Just a Dragonfly

501cards

Suspended / Banned
Name
Richard
Edit My Images
Yes
Not one of mine -- but taken by She Who Must Be Obeyed! :D

Off around the lake this morning dog in tow, came back with this one, she is fairly pleased with it, considering its been fairly windy here and the big beggers just don't seem to stay still for long!

IMG_6862a.jpg

A razor sharp image loaded with detail, just a shame about the splash of yellow under the back right wing as it does tend to draw the eye a wee bit but it's a fabulous image.
Tip: If you find a Dragonfly perching and it flies off just wait a spell and it should return as they have favorite perches so you can set up while they're away and get the shot when they come back, you have to keep pretty still though as they are very sensitive to movement.

A razor sharp image loaded with detail, just a shame about the splash of yellow under the back right wing as it does tend to draw the eye a wee bit but it's a fabulous image.
Tip: If you find a Dragonfly perching and it flies off just wait a spell and it should return as they have favorite perches so you can set up while they're away and get the shot when they come back, you have to keep pretty still though as they are very sensitive to movement.

Cheers, yes she wanted to stay longer, but when you have "70 Pounds Of Stupid!" crashing through the undergrowth, it sort of limits your options, will get her to go back without the mutt for another go,

Thanks for the advice, she has the patience for it, not my type of photography, can't abide sitting waiting for things to arrive :bonk:, but lets face it, its a good job we are all different in what we like to photograph or it would be a very boring world..

Back