Yes
Not as many as usual today, but at least I got some;

On_the_edge_of_Rose___by_MessiahKhan.jpg

A_sharp_rest_by_MessiahKhan.jpg

Resting_on_the_sun_by_MessiahKhan.jpg

:)

nice detail mate . as always ..
tfs

Well I was pretty chuffed at just getting a fairly decent close-up of a frog today ... that is until I saw these!

Really nice set as usual.
Wasp is my fave, I think because I love the the flower its sitting on just much as the wasp!

CRacking as always mate.

Tell me .... what lens do you use? I am after a macro lens for the D50. Posted in lens/accessories - but may as well chat to people like yourself who can use them well !!!

Anth.

Wow, fantastic, the detail on the fly is just amazing.(y)

Cheers ladies and gents. I don't believe you Ven! How can you prefer the butterfly? Its Orange! ie not green! Your slacking,:nono: :p

Cheers magpieant. I use the Sigma 150mm f2.8. I love it, and the more I use it the more I love it. Its super duper sharp, has about the right amount of working distance and nice focusing. The only downside to it is the lack of MF/AF switch on the lens body. As my D40x also lacks a switch, I have to flick it to MF in the camera menu which can be a bit annoying. Other than that its highly recommended. The 10-20mm Sigma is next on my list. the nthe 50-500mm 'Bigma'.(y)

I love your pictures, and this is another great set.

Is the sigma lens only suitable for macro or does it also have other uses?

I'm thinking about my next lens (when I have enough money), and I'm wondering about a macro, but this lens is quite expensive (for me), and if it also has other uses it would be easier to justify the cost.

Is this lens much better than the Sigma 105mm? i currently have a Nikon D40.

Cheers

Phil

Thank you :)
The lens also doubles up as a very capable medium telephoto prime lens. This is ont thing I love about it. You can go from 1:1 magnification macro work to a good telephoto lens withing seconds. Also with it being a prime macro lens, the sharpness is second to none. Finally the f2.8 max aperture is tricky when it comes to macro shots, but when used at longer ranges produces a lovely bokeh.:) Some examples of non macro shots ive done with it;

Clear_the_runway_by_MessiahKhan.jpg

How_brown_cow_by_MessiahKhan.jpg

:)

Thanks for that.
It looks like I will have to get one. The only question that remains is have I got the patience to wait till I've saved the money or do I just get it on credit:shrug:

BTW that puffin shot is really good.

that puffin is fantastic :clap:

Back