Just a few water/milk drops

Name
Philip
Edit My Images
Yes
So I decided to have another go at water drops.

I started off with water, then moved onto milk with different food colourings. Also used milk mixed with water for both the drops and the catch tray.

I think I am still improving but not quite found my preferred setup. I think a bit more experimenting is called for.

Water Drop by philipJvernon, on Flickr

Milk Drop by philipJvernon, on Flickr

been up all night, i was working nights so still in 'night shift mode', but it does give me time to photograph things

yeah, I think I prefer the ones using milk the best, especially using the 2 different colours

I like no 3, well I like them all but no 3 stands out as it's a little bit different from the normal pictures. It's easy to get a water drop but it takes patience and a lot of luck to get good ones that aren't the same as everyone else, (goes off to play with some food dye!)

Hi Phil,

Great variation on a theme, I have dome loads of water drop shots but none I am so pleased with that I chose to keep :)

Can you tell me what catch tray you used, I have decided the contents of the kitchen have been my limiting factor so I will have to buy something but what?

Cheers.

Mark

The second one is good.
I know it sounds daft but i will be doing some of these when my stuff is ordered.

Try it with a mirror bottom/bowl, try some thing like a shallow pierex dish with a mirror underneath so you get the double drop sort of thing.
Also try other items like abit of dusty coal.

Hi Phil,

Can you tell me what catch tray you used, I have decided the contents of the kitchen have been my limiting factor so I will have to buy something but what?

Mark

I'm still using stuff that I find in the kitchen, baking trays, casserole dishes. I think thats one of the reasons I prefer the milk drops better, they are not transparent so the catch tray is not seen

Nice work Philip :clap: Love the colours, especially in the last three!

Back