Just a fly.

Name
Paul
Edit My Images
Yes
Its actually stopped raining & blowing a gale :D - A fly drying in the morning sun. C&C always welcome.

1 - Taken with Canon 100mm macro

fly13.jpg

2 - And taken with the MP-E

fly12.jpg

fantastic! why cant I find anything thats bigger than dust??! lol

Love those droplets on it's back! Bril (y)

Number 2 would be cool if his proboscis was in focus :)

Lovely shots Paul and the drops really add to it too (y)

That's unreal! Love how you captured the droplets. Excellent. Can't say anything else really (y)

ive got to get me a 100mm macro now!! amazing shots!! as said, the water droplets really add to it

Thanks for the comments (y) - six days off work now so just need some good weather:):

Love those droplets on it's back! Bril (y)

Number 2 would be cool if his proboscis was in focus :)

Unfortunately with the magnification there's very shallow DOF

Great Pictures - a good find... are you using same flash on both lenses?

Yes - THe MT-24 fits straight onto the 100mm which was a bonus :D

Awesome shot Paul .... :clap:

Superb images, love the droplets ;)

2 great pictures there, very impressive. I've got a Canon 100mm macro but have failed to get any where near this quality. I love the detail on both of these (y)

Thanks for the replies (y)

2 great pictures there, very impressive. I've got a Canon 100mm macro but have failed to get any where near this quality. I love the detail on both of these (y)

Trev - if you have a flash try getting it off camera with a diffuser it makes a lot of difference.

amazing (y)

Absolutely disgusting creature, but FABULOUS shots!!

Euuww, flies are disgusting..I wonder how you managed to turn them into cool models here, fantastic shots nonetheless..

Those are stunning, its these kinds of shot which keep tempting me to try a macro setup... But I have a budget to stick to :bonk:

Thanks for the comments (y)

Those are stunning, its these kinds of shot which keep tempting me to try a macro setup... But I have a budget to stick to :bonk:

If your on a budget have a look at these Raynox macro adapter's which you Can get for about £40 sometimes cheaper from TP in the classifieds.

Back