Just a little experiment I did today.

Name
Barbara
Edit My Images
No
I decided to compare whether a DSLR was really far superior to a compact.

This was a kaffir lily I took with my Nikon D80 and Sigma 105 macro lens. I did very little post processing, just a tweak to the levels and a little sharpening as it started off as a RAW file.
3053942852_22a16bf860_o.jpg

3053108253_b4eb8b2dd7_o.jpg

This was an experiment, comparing my little creative compact camera to my D80. I did quite a bit of Post processing to get the background black, adjust the colour and sharpen the image. I have come to the conclusion that the DSLR is far superior.

Do you agree?
C&C always welcome.

Last edited:
I thought it was just me, but I agree with Gary, number 1 is very nice

Last edited:
Cant see the 2nd, although the 1st does look very nice indeed :)

I thought it was just me, but I agree with Gary, number 1 is very nice

Thank you Gary and Jagang. Hopefully the 2nd pic is showing up now. I've reuploaded from flickr. Please let me know if it's not.

Jeez HWG :eek::eek::eek:

You shouldn't do tests like these :shake::shake::shake:

It makes all those £1,000+ gear DSLR owners quake in their boots waiting for the answer !!!

And those of us with so much gear we could have bought a new car instead reach for the defibulator

:LOL:

PHEW at your conclusion :D

DD

The first one is a great image, and looks nice and refined, the second image, once you'd processed it still looks good, but it doesn't look as clear to me. Nice test HWG, thanks for taking the time.

The first one is a great image, and looks nice and refined, the second image, once you'd processed it still looks good, but it doesn't look as clear to me. Nice test HWG, thanks for taking the time.

Thank you for looking John. After using my macro lens and comparing it with the compact I realise just what a big difference it makes.

Jeez HWG :eek::eek::eek:

You shouldn't do tests like these :shake::shake::shake:

It makes all those £1,000+ gear DSLR owners quake in their boots waiting for the answer !!!

And those of us with so much gear we could have bought a new car instead reach for the defibulator

:LOL:

PHEW at your conclusion :D

DD

And its pictures like this that make me want the sigma 105 just so ^he^ can have his 90mm back :LOL:

Thank you for looking Dave and Adele, and I hope Adele gets her 105.(y)

Lovely set Barbara, would look nice hang up as a pair in a bedroom maybe (y)

Back