Just a little Scratch!

Name
Rhod
Edit My Images
Yes
More help than critique really;) I seem to have some wierd fringing going on. mpe-65 (~3x) with 430ex and mini softbox. Can't suss out if the aperture is too small, the lighting all wrong or something else:thinking::LOL:

Cheers!

Scary photo. I HATE needles with a passion. Love the detail, very cool shot.....see what I did there? :D

At a guess i'd say it isn't flare, but a relfection of the surroundings. Could the edges of the needle and drop be reflecting the edge of the soft box?

Scary photo. I HATE needles with a passion. Love the detail, very cool shot.....see what I did there? :D

Thanks Gary, I was after more detail around the needle edges and especially the drop though. Took me a while but got the shot bit in the end;)

Is it shake ?

Don't think so:thinking: Yes it was shot hand held but with the flash at 1/4 power should have given me over 1/2000 of a sec.

Brill picture, but made me feel a bit queasy :puke:

Thanks HS. Needles are all in the mind:LOL:

At a guess i'd say it isn't flare, but a relfection of the surroundings. Could the edges of the needle and drop be reflecting the edge of the soft box?

:thinking: That's the way I'm going. Think I need to sort the lighting out.

For the next attempt: Lock camera on tripod, get better clamp for the needle, and then play with the lighting more.

Thanks for the input guys(y)

Back