Just a quick shot in the passing

Name
Mike
Edit My Images
No
I took my puppy out for a walk in the park but the light was fading quick so no shots worth looking at of the pup as all shots of him were too dark and blue due to white balance.

Anyway here's two I thought came out ok...

9486cdb9.jpg

9f13129f.jpg

Thanks for looking, feel free to comment

Hi!

Yeah there is a white balance issue, where you suing auto WB?
The second has a bit of a green cast going on.
The first image has an interesting angle but there's not quite enough drama for me sorry.
Both images could do with an exposure increase adjustment too. Shame the puppy ones didn't come out to well, maybe try upping the exposure on those too.

Did you shoot in RAW by any chance? If you did then they'll be no bother playing with the exposure a little.

T.

Hi!

Yeah there is a white balance issue, where you suing auto WB?
The second has a bit of a green cast going on.
The first image has an interesting angle but there's not quite enough drama for me sorry.
Both images could do with an exposure increase adjustment too. Shame the puppy ones didn't come out to well, maybe try upping the exposure on those too.

Did you shoot in RAW by any chance? If you did then they'll be no bother playing with the exposure a little.

T.

Struggling with white balance in the snow, will play with it over the weekend and see if i can finally get it right. Still not tried taking a RAW pic, will wait until i can master jpg's before wasting gb's of disk space with rubbish lol

They were all taken very quickly without much thought so i need to try harder and spend but more time, not easy with a new puppy having his first walks though :bang:

Had another attempt with colour balance and exposure on this one, defo an improvement?

Hi Mike,

It's a slight improvement yes, the green cast has gone and the colour's seem more natural. Still quite dark though.

Also experiment with some different metering modes, the EXIF says that you were using centre weighted, that's a good option but also try spot metering and matrix metering too, It helps.

The bonuses of RAW are that blown highlights or lack of detail in the shadows can be repaired or salvaged, I agree they don't half take up a lot of space but it can also help when finding your feet, you just need to be ruthless with what you keep on your hard drives and what goes in the bin.

Have another go when you get chance and let me know how you get on.

All the best

T.

Back