just a quickie :P

jamie-dm

Edit My Images
No
hi

Just wondered if the Canon 350d and the Digital rebel XT were exactly the same thing. Are there any differences at all?

thanks
jimbo
(p.s. felt a bit dumb askin this :bonk: ) haha

Same camera

Rebel XT is what the 350D is marketed as in North America.

Indeed it is the same camera, just marketed under a different name for our US cousins.

And a mighty fine camera it is too (y)

:agree:

One other thing to maybe add is that Canon camera bodies don't have an international warrenty (just incase asking because your thinking of purchasing from another country)... so your probably best purchasing locally, just a thought :)

i think the Rebel name is better tbh

matty said:
i think the Rebel name is better tbh

It kind of stands out imo "Rebel". Its like the Americans an Acura instead of Honda :p I mean whats going on there? lol

Ed :)

It's possible that some Rebel parts will be sourced from different places than the 350d but essentially thay are the same camera. As already said you will not get an internationsl guarantee with a rebel which means you either have to send the camera to the US or buy a seperate guarantee yourself. If the cost savings are big enough it's worth considering.

I own the Digital Rebel which is the US version of the 300d, it's well out of guarantee now but I've never had a moments' bother with it. I saved about £170 on the UK price of the 300d at the time of purchase. The downside is that a lot of US suppliers have got wise to the price difference and charge much nearer the UK price to sell here (on eBay at least)

Just a thought here - the cameras are the same apart from the badge, but the Rebel XT will probably come with a US charger (with fold-out pins) rather than the CB-5L European charger which has a separate mains lead. They're both voltage-sensing (100-240 VAC 50/60Hz) so no problem using it here, but you'll need a plug adapter. ;)

Back