These are my feathers.
CarrionCrow-IMG_3426.jpg

Making a racket.
CarrionCrow-IMG_3419.jpg

CarrionCrow-IMG_3447.jpg

Light was quite flat, since the sun went in during my lunch break :bonk:

C&C Welcome.

Last edited:
Smashing stuff. I shot one yesterday but nowhere near the same level of detail as you've managed :(

A good set of detailed images :clap::clap:

Smashing stuff. I shot one yesterday but nowhere near the same level of detail as you've managed :(

Nice set, love the pose in #3!

A great set of images
Regards
Richard

Love the under wing detail in #2

Lovely set altogether.

Nice set of shots

I think Carrion Crows are often overlooked by photographers. These are lovely shots.

Dai

A good set of detailed images :clap::clap:

Thank you for all the comments, much appreciated.

Great detail of a bird which is difficult to expose well (y)

Agreed with Dai, and i'm guilty of it also, in that they are often overlooked by us.

Well done

I agree, these are a great set of pics. They are all very good but I really like #2

Linda

Its not just a simple Crow, these are very nice birds that are normally shunned as a good subject to capture.
But i don't think they are, as in the right light a multitude of colors show through.
You have captured this bird very well, with loads of detail in the black.

Best regards Paul

Great detail of a bird which is difficult to expose well (y)
Agreed with Dai, and i'm guilty of it also, in that they are often overlooked by us.
Well done

I have been waiting ages to get one that didn't fly away once it spotted me, even from a huge distance.

Nicely caught, really liking that 1st one (y)
Thanks Martyn, that's my favourite too.

I agree, these are a great set of pics. They are all very good but I really like #2
Linda

Thanks Linda, looked like it was having a bit of a stretch.

Its not just a simple Crow, these are very nice birds that are normally shunned as a good subject to capture.
But i don't think they are, as in the right light a multitude of colors show through.
You have captured this bird very well, with loads of detail in the black.
Best regards Paul

Agreed, in the right light they are much more than just a load of black feathers and are usually overlooked. The 1st one is the first picture I have taken to hopefully capture their true colours (albeit a bit flat). Very clever birds in fact.

Back