Just a simple Robin and a Jay

Name
Andrew
Edit My Images
No
Trying out my new D750 body today. Pretty dismal conditions, damp, cold overcast and raining. All shot at ISO6400. Taken with my Tamron 150-600 F4-6.3 VC Superzoom.

Hope you like

Those are lovely, we've recently moved to the house I'm in now and we just started getting a robin and a jay in our garden, I'd never seen a jay before and I've never seen it close yet so it's nice to see what they look like close up!

Andrew, yep, quality and ISO performance looks great

and the shots aren't that bad either, even with that "crappy" Tamron

How does it compare with the D800 and D4?

Well done

(I don't do Carol Smilie things, if I did I'd add one or two)

Last edited:
Andrew, yep, quality and ISO performance looks great

and the shots aren't that bad either, even with that "crappy" Tamron

How does it compare with the D800 and D4?

Well done

(I don't do Carol Smilie things, if I did I'd add one or two)

Yeah that crappy Tamron does quite well Bill :) Thanks for the comments all.

As to your second question, that's a little harder. On the ISO front, I think the D750 pushes the D4 quite closely with the D800 trailing a fair bit. AF on the D750 seems no better than the D4 (although to be fair I haven't really pushed it yet), but that's not bad company to be in. I've never been 100% happy with the AF on the D800 for this sort of photography, as my copy at least seems quite hard work to get a really tack sharp image. When using it on a tripod though with careful live view focussing for landscapes with mirror lock-up and remote release, nothing touches it (except maybe a D810).

I absolutely love the D4 and it fits my hand like a glove, but I must admit when cropping it's nice to have the D750 and it's 24mp over the D4's 16.

I think for me it would be:

D4 for Birding, High ISO and Sports

D750 for the above when i want to travel light and as a backup to the D4

D800 - Landscapes, portraits etc.

Back