Just a wee Red Squirrel..

It is a bit saturated. Never say “only a little red” I’ve never even seen one.

My wife used to live in Dumfries & Galloway, and they're not difficult to see there. Of course, the Highland Squirrel Club killed more than 100,000 of them between about 1900 - 1946. Bounties were paid by the tail.

My wife used to live in Dumfries & Galloway, and they're not difficult to see there. Of course, the Highland Squirrel Club killed more than 100,000 of them between about 1900 - 1946. Bounties were paid by the tail.
Martynk I lived on the Isle of White in my twenty’s and at the time didn’t know they were living there. They’re few and far between down here in Hampshire.

Martynk I lived on the Isle of White in my twenty’s and at the time didn’t know they were living there. They’re few and far between down here in Hampshire.

I've never lived in England and, I must admit, I know very little about Hampshire. Do you have greys? The two species seems to co-exist well enough where there is extensive coniferous woodland, but greys have the advantage in other habitats.

I've never lived in England and, I must admit, I know very little about Hampshire. Do you have greys? The two species seems to co-exist well enough where there is extensive coniferous woodland, but greys have the advantage in other habitats.
Yes we have plenty of greys, but not so many, if any extensive coniferous woodland.

Plenty of time to come back over, Leroy!
Things have changed drastically for me, I’m now a Paraplegic from chest down. Don’t know if you knew it? But I lived in the Star pub in east Cowes, mum was the landlady. Last time I was over it had turned into a car park for the ferry. Back then I was a Grockle:)

Last edited:
Things have changed drastically for me, I’m now a Paraplegic from chest down. Don’t know if you knew it? But I lived in the Star pub in east Cowes, mum was the landlady. Last time I was over it had turned into a car park for the ferry. Back then I was a Grockle:)

Oh goodness, no, had no idea. The Star Inn must have gone many years ago. We live in East Cowes ourselves, at the top of Clarence Road. Interestingly, I found this when I googled the pub name: https://www.closedpubs.co.uk/hampshire/cowes_star.html

It’s a small world. I was there in the 90s. Back then you could leave a pint on the bar of four pubs within a few hundred yards of each other:)Often played the drinking game of having a drink in all the pubs in west Cowes and then running to catch the last chain ferry:)

Back