Just been offered..

M

Marik

To take photos for the menu of a local resturant/take way place, Now never having taken photos of food, or anything like that before. I'm a bit stuck :p

Any got any useful information that will help?

Take the pics before you eat the food. ;) :D

Mmm... on second thoughts there's no better recommendation than an empty plate.... :thinking:

Oh, and keep the camera well away from chillies in case it melts.... :exit:

[serious mode] Most food pics are taken when the food is cold, or the steam can be a nuisance unless you want a soft-focus effect. ;) If they'd be happy with something fairly simple, you could use a standard flashgun with a Stofen (or similar) diffuser to reduce harsh lighting, or just use ambient light and custom WB. [/serious mode]

And don't ask what breed of dog it was. :eek:

silky is right, the food needs to be cold, we had to cook a load for the photographers at college, make sure the food is presented well though in the bowls, no sauce down the side or anything like that

the food doesn't have to be cold :)

i did some photo's for the last place i worked for just for practice and you couldn't see the steam on them, not sure if i still have thm but i'm sure i do, infact, gimme 5 minutes and i'll look and show you my resuledit: here's one, not very good though, i think it's off my nikon coolpix before i got my Dslr

food.jpg

now that was freshly served up under halogen heaters :)

Back