just before the storm in madeira

Name
Igor
Edit My Images
Yes
not sure if anyone remembers on the news early this year madeira was hit by a bad storm, and there were land slides and a lot of casualties.

i was there a week before it all happened and the weather was already getting bad. heres a picture i took which i think captures the mood but let me know what you think

ce7a0754.png

c+c welcome
:)

Last edited:
Yep you got it with this the only thing is the brolly on the wall looks a bit out of place but love the look on the guy's face.

thanks

not really sure what to do about that umbrella. i could crop it out but that would cut out to much off the bottom

hmmmmmmm

I really like the feel about it, the guy with the stare really makes it for me.

madiera is famous for its micro climates..in any day there can be as much as eight differing weather patterns around the island..
you got the big one
some hardening up in contrast and a real newsy shot
cheers
geof

madiera is famous for its micro climates..in any day there can be as much as eight differing weather patterns around the island..
you got the big one
some hardening up in contrast and a real newsy shot
cheers
geof

yeah its where im originally from. love it there ;)

We just got back from Madeira (back to work tomorrow boooo) they are satill cleaning up from that big storm in February it did some serious damage. We saw some huge waves on the North side of the island last week really powerful. The bit of prom on your picture we never saw a big wave there at all.

I love the expression on the guy's face, can you clone the brolly out?

It is a bit distracting but not too bad...

not sure if anyone remembers on the news early this year madeira was hit by a bad storm, and there were land slides and a lot of casualties.

i was there a week before it all happened and the weather was already getting bad. heres a picture i took which i think captures the mood but let me know what you think

ce7a0754.png

c+c welcome
:)

Hi,

Great shot. I'm going there in three weeks, if you could give any reccomendations on locations it would be much appreciated.

Thanks

I'm a bit puzzled by this image. The content is ok, but technically it looks grey and muddy to me. I'd have said it needs more contrast and indeed, a quick auto-levels improves it a lot on my monitor, but others here seem to think it's fine as it is :shrug:

We recently calibrated my monitor so now I'm wondering if my calibration is correct :thinking:

Back