Just bought a Fuji GSW690III

Name
Marcus
Edit My Images
No
Hey everyone. I just bought a lovelt Fuji GSW690III. I haven't shot any film for year, but am loving the anticipation and jeaopardy it's providing. I might even get the GW690 so that I have both focal lengths. Anyone else shoot 6x9?

I recently picked up a GSW690, the mark 1 version, second roll of film is going through it now, as soon as that is finished I will develop both

I had an original 690 and a mk 11, they have utterly stunning lenses. My problem with them was that I found them unengaging to use, just a big plastic box, however I still, every now and again, consider getting another just because they produced stunning images. Looking forward to seeing results from you both.
Oh and welcome Baron Twangle to the best bit of the forum.(y)

Last edited:
I had an original 690 and a mk 11, they have utterly stunning lenses. My problem with them was that I found them unengaging to use, just a big plastic box, however I still, every now and again, consider getting another just because they produced stunning images. Looking forward to seeing results from you both.
Oh and welcome Baron Tangle to the best bit of the forum.(y)

The mkII shouldn’t have felt plastic as it’s an all metal housing? The III is also metal but clad in plastic for that special 1990s feel!

Well yes you are correct however it was more the box bit with the mk 11. I just didn't enjoy using it, obviously many other people do, I prefer a folder but those huge 6 X 9 negatives are a joy to behold.

I had a GSW690 many years ago, possibly a 111, but was never really comfortable handholding it and that's surely one of the main reasons for choosing a rangefinder? I went through a few expensive rangefinders before settling on the fact that I'm really not a rangefinder person, but it was always interesting. The only other 6x9 negs I've had were from a Noon pinhole, but they're certainly something to behold.

Last edited:
Their little brother, the GS645S, should have been the ideal press camera for the 1980s: https://www.filmshooterscollective....phy-blog/fuji-gs645s-review-herb-kateley-7-28

Compact, excellent viewfinder, amazing lens and a bumper bar. A what? A rubber covered bar emerged from the body and and went around the front of the lens. Why? Because the lens was held on to the body by three tiny screws which would shear at the slightest impact. :wideyed:

Sometimes even Homer nods...

Their little brother, the GS645S, should have been the ideal press camera for the 1980s: https://www.filmshooterscollective....phy-blog/fuji-gs645s-review-herb-kateley-7-28

Compact, excellent viewfinder, amazing lens and a bumper bar. A what? A rubber covered bar emerged from the body and and went around the front of the lens. Why? Because the lens was held on to the body by three tiny screws which would shear at the slightest impact. :wideyed:

Sometimes even Homer nods...

Jan has one of these only its the 645W. Stunning camera and a great lens.

Jan has one of these only its the 645W. Stunning camera and a great lens.
Yes. I wish I’d bought that version instead of the ‘s’ :runaway:

Back