Just can't leave that lone tree alone

Name
Gopal
Edit My Images
Yes
Last edited:
#1 cracking image but again slightly over done for me, but I love everything else about it
#2 It brakes the composition rules but it works extremely well! I love the depth of field you've created, you've almost gave the image a 3D look about it. It looks like a great location to photograph. Great image.
#3 same as #2 comment wise, though I think #2 is slightly better.

2&3 work a lot better for me, No 1 has too many distractions from the Tree, i.e. the Sun overpowers the main subject, and the posts along the skyline are annoying, also with two strong points of view to the left of picture leaves the RH side a bit bland and un-interesting.
While 2 & 3 both work against the R-of-T, because the tracks lead through then centre of the picture to the subject it creates its own balance. Just one thing I would remove for both images is the pillion of the RH side.
That said I find it a really nice picture and prefer the lower colour saturation.

Nice work Gopal

Geoff

Good exposures. Your struggle with composition would be a lot easier if you didn't insist on that intrusive signature script which unbalances everything - it has no place in the picture frame and confuses everything.

Like em all but not in a position to give general critique as im out of my depth with Landscapes, i like 1 best but would it have been better to wait for the sun to start dipping below the horizon

Again these are right up my street, looking forward to seeing more from you.

They're all very nice however I'm leaning towards number 4 (y)

I think 2 or 3 would look great in a square crop to remove the distractions on the horizon line - great colours and light though across the image.

Back