Just coming in to land

Name
Linda
Edit My Images
Yes
Been to Duxford today, a few treats and this was one of them, hope you like it, thanks for looking

Bomber_ready_copy.jpg

The prop blur Nazis may be on your case for stationary props - unless all 4 engines had failed in which case you need to sell this to the aviation press:LOL:

Regards,

Cheesy

Gosh never notice that, well he was in the sky when I took it, even Im not that good with photoshop

Gosh never notice that, well he was in the sky when I took it, even Im not that good with photoshop

You dont need ps for prop blur just slow your shutter to about 1/200th and have the camera at about f10ish for this

_DSC0225.jpg

No probs Jayne if you need any help with prop blur gimme a shout anything else .....I cant help

You dont need ps for prop blur just slow your shutter to about 1/200th and have the camera at about f10ish for this

Yup, 1/200 or slower should get you a decent prop blur. Just to clarify one thing from your post that confused me a little. There's no need to use F/10 or any particular F-stop to get a slow prop. You may end up using a high aperture if its a bright day but aperture is not essential for prop blur shots, so long as your shutter is slow enough you'll get that blur.

Last edited:
Last year at cosford airshow i did exactly the same thing with the still props, been practising with shutter speeds since at raf shawbury on the helecopters, its easy to do and cant wait to get some more pics at cosford this year, with prop blur this time.

Yup, 1/200 or slower should get you a decent prop blur. Just to clarify one thing from your post that confused me a little. There's no need to use F/10 or any particular F-stop to get a slow prop. You may end up using a high aperture if its a bright day but aperture is not essential for prop blur shots, so long as your shutter is slow enough you'll get that blur.

Its just a general rule of thumb I use if its a bright day I may go to about f12but duller days I usally stick to about f8 so middle of the road is about f10

Back