Just few (tog newcomer)

Name
Jonathan
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi, still new to this and have just been playing with D40 (with kit len and a Sigma 70-300). Hoping to learn a good bit from this site(y)

My 7 month old Mini Jack Russell, Stella

sb0001.jpg

sb0002.jpg

And a few random shots, i've still to pick up my tripod from my parents house:
tp0001.jpg

tp0002.jpg

tp0003.jpg

tp0004.jpg

thanks

Jonathan

Thanks, it's rare to actually see her lying or sitting so they are only quick snaps. Going to have proper read through the forum and get a few ideas to try and improve myself.

Willkommen to TP :)

As-above, the first shot comes accross very well, albeit there's a bit of a shadow cast (due to the lens being caught by the pop-up flash?) and the dog's ear's not quite in the shot. On your next oppertunity, try framing the shot or backing off from the subject a little before taking the photo, afterwards you can crop it to suit via the PC (y)

Last edited:
Hi, thanks for the tips. As I said these were just quick snaps and wasn't really going for the perfect shot (of the dog anyway).She was pretty much out the room within a second of me taking the pic so not alot of time to compose a shot with her :LOL:

I'll post my future shots in one of the other section to get full feedback on them.(y)

Welcome, your shots look good!

Ive also got the sigma 70 - 300 mm lens, seems rather good, got some awsome motorsport shots with it ;)

Back