:banana: AND A PROSPEROUS NEW YEAR FROM AUSTRALIA
:banana:
XmasLites2.jpg

Last edited:
Good on ya mate. Happy Chrimbo too!

they are just SO Australian!(y)

mary crimble!:clap:

they are just SO Australian!(y) mary crimble!:clap:
Thanks Mary, I guess there's something to be said for celebrating Chrissy during summer. Perhaps you could suggest to Gordon Brown to celebate yours in May!
ha ha shorts merry xmas mate (y)
Personally I don't wear them even when the mercury pushes 35'C - my legs look short enough in jeans! All the best to you mate! (y)

Last edited:
And season's greetings to you. I never could get over you lot having Christmas in the summer. :wacky: :D

And season's greetings to you. I never could get over you lot having Christmas in the summer. :wacky: :D
Thanks there MrE - As little kids most Aussies grew up with the notion that a White Christmas and summertime were synonymous. We never questioned the absurdity of baking a hot roast lamb or turkey dinner with baked potatoes and mint or cranberry sauce when it was 35'C (90'F) in the shade. In later years there has been a trend towards cold ham and salad, but somehow I still prefer traditional fare - plum pudding with brandy sauce with an ice cold beer or two to wash it down! LOL
It's summer? 19 and flooded here in Melbourne.. shouldn't complain though I guess, it was 40 yesterday after all. ;) Have a good one Mark.
Hi Jay - Yesterday in Tassie it reached 35'C, Tshirts and shorts (y) -
But today the best we could manage was 14'C - Long-johns, beanies and polartecs were back in vogue!!! :thumbsdown:

Happy Christmas!
Didn't realise our relationship went back so far! I'm glad it's been rekindled! :)

Last edited:
Back