just got a nikon d40...

Name
ian lancaster
Edit My Images
Yes
...it arrived yesterday. spent a bit of time setting it up and then taking lots of pictures to see what all the settings do (its my first dslr you see. i have had a bridge camera for around 7 years, just for snaps, and 35mm cameras for proper stuff, on and of since i was a kid.) i deleted all these pictures as you do, because they were just to see what things did...
at breakfast this morning i realised that i would have to start keeping pictures at some stage, so heres the first...

3313235431_e98e1e808a_o.jpg

i think what attracts me most about digital is the immediacy of it...no waiting (and paying for) processing. also, when i first joined this forum i was attracted by the idea of 365's...but it didn't seem practical just using film...long delays and cost both being factors!

sharing your lunch? :D

D40 is a good camera, my friend has one my D40X is basically the same

i am impressed with it so far. i will be keeping my OM2 and a couple of lenses but i will be selling the OM10, finepix 4900zoom and a couple of other bits to contribute towards the cost of the nikon...

Is that your breakfast? I think i'm moving in.

lol...it was. shouldn't be doing that during the week, problem is i keep hens and i can't resist the eggs...:D

Think we should start a D40 club! I love mine, easy to use and some good results so far!

Liss: How u finding using the 50mm? Is it af or af-s?

its Af so manual focus only , but i love it sofar only used it a few time atm

Just got my D40 a few hours ago. Missed out on some good deals heard there was a price rise coming so took the plunge and bought one

welcome to the club Ian :D I ercently joined with a D70s which is more or less a D40 with an internal motor (thats probably simplifying it a bit but close enough).

Nowhere near expereinced enough to offer advice for cameras/photographs but as for breakfasts, yours is an excellent example. Your red sauce seems a bit off though. God forbid its brown sauce...
:puke:

At the risk of making ateries clang shut accross the nation, try my preference which is to take your basic fryup ingredients, stick it on a bit of toast, cover it in cheese and stick it under the grill. mmmmmm..... Calorific.

And me(y)

Welcome to a world of addiction, Lenses - Flashes - Filters - Tripods - Bags -
It won't stop!!!!

Help me....:coat:

Hope you enjoy yr new Nikon as much as I'm enjoying mine!
Great Choice:clap:

Last edited:
Your red sauce seems a bit off though. God forbid its brown sauce...
:puke:

At the risk of making ateries clang shut accross the nation, try my preference which is to take your basic fryup ingredients, stick it on a bit of toast, cover it in cheese and stick it under the grill. mmmmmm..... Calorific.

...the colours are fine, its brown sauce - welcome to the dark side - :D. i am going to have to try the cheese trick...at least once, before i die! :LOL:

Last edited:
Welcome to a world of addiction, Lenses - Flashes - Filters - Tripods - Bags -
It won't stop!!!!

Help me....:coat:

Hope you enjoy yr new Nikon as much as I'm enjoying mine!
*** Choice:clap:

funnily enough, loads of stuff on ebay at the moment...looks like it will be paying for a second lens already also i need a bag big enough to take the nikon and my OM2 plus a couple of lenses :eek: though i could be tempted to sell the OM2 and buy a 35mm nikon to slim down the lenses a bit :eek:

Last edited:
Back