Just got an Air Fryer !

Mine is coming tomorrow. Never used one before. . I'm no cook normally. So going to be interesting.

We bought a Ninja multicooker last year, it's been brilliant. air fryer, slow cooker, pressure cooker, etc it gets used 3 or 4 times a week. Top tip - jacket spuds - 5 mins in the microwave, rub oil & salt onto them, and 15 minutes @ 200 in the air fryer - best jackets ever. Also great for roasting a whole chicken, 35 minutes....

My ninja is on now. Its bigger than my microwave. Like the big bad boy of the room. Lol. Looking forward to experimenting, having held off being persuaded finally for Xmas

I got a Tower 11ltr shelf-type air fryer last Christmas, I think I've used the main oven maybe twice since! I will use it for the Christmas dinner, as you're never getting a Turkey and/or full ham into an AF, but for general use there's not much I can't fit in the AF. I have 2 teenage daughters so Nuggets/chips/burgers etc ... no brainers in the AF, they often complioment how crispy it makes the likes of goujons too [I use an extra virgin olive oil spray for a light coating on foods that like to be crispy] , don't remember them ever stating that when I used to use the oven all the time.

did some samosas today as just had a light tea very noce indeed

Another air fryer convert here. Only got a single tray one (at present) but is used for most of our cooking now

bunging some of these in tomorrow make some nice wraps

241139335_4428488667172903_7640626908355114997_n.jpg

I have often wonderedif it would be worth buying an air fryer. One of the things holding me back, is being told they get very hot at the back whilst using them. This means you need to move them away from the wall when in use. Do any of you feel this is the norm?

I have often wonderedif it would be worth buying an air fryer. One of the things holding me back, is being told they get very hot at the back whilst using them. This means you need to move them away from the wall when in use. Do any of you feel this is the norm?
Yes, they do but probably not much more than a microwave, you do have vents there so you can get condensation if placed in the wrong place but just pull it forward when in use.

On my 3rd, now have the Ninja with the huge drawer that can be 1 or 2 sections. Use it at least 5 times a week!

I just move it out. But inky used it once. Converted already. Just kove it away from wall about 5 jnches

yeah ours has two small vents on the back one for each basket and it does chuck out some focussed heat, 6 inches away from wall all good

I've had a multi-function multi trays one for a couple of weeks now, somethings it does really well, other things not so much.
The only real advantage is that it warms up the oven far faster than my conventional fan double oven.

I have come to the conclusion its OK and it's rather like all the hype surrounding microwaves when they started to become popular.
Could I live without it? Yes.

One of the things holding me back, is being told they get very hot at the back whilst using them. This means you need to move them away from the wall when in use. Do any of you feel this is the norm?
Never had that problem, mine has vents on the side and the top.
It sits diagonally in a corner.

IF we had the space for one, I'd give it a try but it would have to replace the microwave and, TBH, the microwave suits our needs more than a mini oven would.

the microwave suits our needs more than a mini oven would.
It does make nice ( air fried) chips though :D

Never have chips at home! Supposed to be avoiding them out as well...

IF we had the space for one, I'd give it a try but it would have to replace the microwave and, TBH, the microwave suits our needs more than a mini oven would.
Similar here although our microwave is on a shelf at eye level so even that isn't an option.

Never have chips at home! Supposed to be avoiding them out as well...
But there is only a very light dusting of ( Olive) oil from a sprayer involved.
Makes them crispy, not soggy, and tastes better than oven chips.

Similar here although our microwave is on a shelf at eye level
Same as mine, I could probably do away with it, as the air fryer has a defrost setting,
But I can't cast away an old friend :D

On the rare occasions I have a steak at home (other people cook them much better and seem to get better meat!), I have potato wedges - one decent sized spud cut into 8 wedges, tossed in a tablespoon of EVOO (extra virgin olive oil) and spices (paprika, garlic powder, allspice) bunged in the oven while I sort the rest out.

Same as mine, I could probably do away with it, as the air fryer has a defrost setting,
But I can't cast away an old friend :D
Mrs F uses it more than me. Generally, if she makes herself a sandwich, it will invariably contain cheese and have to be "nuked"

I cant decide about one, we have a combination microwave, oven,grill,microwave and steam individually or in various combinations so I think an air fryer might be overkill

I cant decide about one, we have a combination microwave, oven,grill,microwave and steam individually or in various combinations so I think an air fryer might be overkill

just depends on what kind of food you eat from day to day if most of it goes in the oven then an air fryer just replaces it faster, a lot less energy and it does a better job of crisping things up, we eat a lot things like nice breaded fish, fishcakes, quorn nuggets, chicken spicy strips even nice pies and quiches, jacket spuds, samosas are excellent..... oddly enough we dont eat chips much.

I've had mine a little over a year now, just a simple £40 job from Asda. As I live alone, it's big enough for me, used very regularly and cooked my entire christmas dinner in it last year.

Mine vents at the upper rear, but never gets hot. Air Fryer is a bad name really, they are basically just a very small fan oven.

I've had mine a little over a year now, just a simple £40 job from Asda. As I live alone, it's big enough for me, used very regularly and cooked my entire christmas dinner in it last year.

Mine vents at the upper rear, but never gets hot. Air Fryer is a bad name really, they are basically just a very small fan oven.

yeah spot on our has just replaced our fan oven , half the leccy and half the time for better results.

We got a Ninja 15-in-1 last christmas. My wife loves it.
Last night, I used it to steam roast a joint of lamb - came out really well in about half the time roasting conventionally in the oven would take.

my next one is a gammon joint, need to work out the time though

For joints, ours has a temperature probe - for the lamb I did on sunday - stick it in the centre, select what type of meat, whether I wanted rare, medium rare etc., Then put 250ml of stock in the bottom to start the steaming process prior to roasting, and then the internal temp hits the appropriate temperature its done - in this case it was 60C.

I wish it would give me a time remaining, which would help with scheduling of other items being cooked, but no complaints over the joint it cooked.

Chicken wings are amazing in an AF, shake every now and again and so crispy. Chicken legs too.

We got a Ninja 15-in-1 last christmas. My wife loves it.
Last night, I used it to steam roast a joint of lamb - came out really well in about half the time roasting conventionally in the oven would take.

Same one we have, gets used 3 or 4 times a week, bloody brilliant gadget....

For joints, ours has a temperature probe - for the lamb I did on sunday - stick it in the centre, select what type of meat, whether I wanted rare, medium rare etc., Then put 250ml of stock in the bottom to start the steaming process prior to roasting, and then the internal temp hits the appropriate temperature its done - in this case it was 60C.

I wish it would give me a time remaining, which would help with scheduling of other items being cooked, but no complaints over the joint it cooked.
its not a massive joint more like a big fist thing and i don't have a probe sadly

Same one we have, gets used 3 or 4 times a week, bloody brilliant gadget....
My wife loves it. She uses it several nights a week - potatos in bottom, a meat in the middle and maybe some veg on top rack. You've got to unlearn previous ways of cooking, but there is a lot more to one than just chips and chicken nuggets.

pre-baked croissants can be warmed in the air fryer for 5 minutes, and they come out as flakey as daily baked croissants from the old fashioned neighrborhood bakery!

My wife loves it. She uses it several nights a week - potatos in bottom, a meat in the middle and maybe some veg on top rack. You've got to unlearn previous ways of cooking, but there is a lot more to one than just chips and chicken nuggets.

to be fair though it does do excellent nuggets especially quorn one which i scoff at least once a week

I don't seem to be able to fry anything without burning it these days and that causes havoc with my asthma.

Not sure I could persuade the Ms to go for an airfryer though.......

How easy are they to get to grips with?
my wife, who although a good cook is not the greatest lover of kitchen "gadgets" has found using the air fryer easy.

As the air fryer cooks differently you are less likely to burn stuff anyway.*

*Awaits everybody posting to say they have burnt something in their air fryer.

my favorite thing is a cadburys cream egg wrapped in filo pastry..5 mins to warm it up, 12 mins in it to cook, amazing

Back