Just got an email from Fuji UK - Only Reala 35mm is Discontinued, 120 Lives!

Name
Samuel
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi,

I myself have just got my first 35mm Fuji Reala print film on the advice of other members for the camp that I am photographing. Looking at pictures on Flickr, TP etc I can see why people like it, it just saddened me that is being discontinued when I am just starting using it.

Looking around a couple of days ago to see if it is actually entirely discontinued in 35mm and 120 and with contradicting information anywhere, with some places claiming both 35mm and 120 and others just 35mm, I emailed Fuji UK and got this response:

Unfortunately Reala 35mm has ceased production, however stocks are still
available in the marketplace. Reala 120 is still being produced and is
still available.

kind regards
Gabriel Da Costa

So although I am annoyed that its gone in 35mm, with me hopefully getting a MF camera, me and the rest of you may be able to enjoy it in 120 for a while longer

Hope this helps if people were unaware of this.:)

Hi,

I myself have just got my first 35mm Fuji Reala print film on the advice of other members for the camp that I am photographing. Looking at pictures on Flickr, TP etc I can see why people like it, it just saddened me that is being discontinued when I am just starting using it.

Looking around a couple of days ago to see if it is actually entirely discontinued in 35mm and 120 and with contradicting information anywhere, with some places claiming both 35mm and 120 and others just 35mm, I emailed Fuji UK and got this response:

Unfortunately Reala 35mm has ceased production, however stocks are still
available in the marketplace. Reala 120 is still being produced and is
still available.

kind regards
Gabriel Da Costa

So although I am annoyed that its gone in 35mm, with me hopefully getting a MF camera, me and the rest of you may be able to enjoy it in 120 for a while longer

Hope this helps if people were unaware of this.:)

Ah but all is not lost for me as I'm using up a load of old Jessops 200 asa film for ordinary snaps and saving my stock of Reala for best...and the results aren't too bad using a £3 zoom (boot sale) and a tweak in photoshop:-
http://i304.photobucket.com/albums/nn172/chakrata/Photo27_24.jpg

Back