Just got an ipod touch

dod

TPer Emeritus
Name
Ebenezer McScrooge III
Edit My Images
Yes
recommend me some apps :D

Have to say it's an impressive bit of kit (y)

All the major newspapers have apps - The Guardian's app is cool and it will download stories for offline reading.

Kobo for eBooks.

Skysports for live (ie real time) footie results.

There's quite a few flickr apps too - an official one and Darkslide come to mind.

Photoshop Mobile
IM+
Engadget
Strobox
Flickr
Facebook
LastFM
Spotify
Shredder
Rock Band
The Telegraph
The Independent
Mashable

liking the footy one (y)

Don't bother recommending flickr, binned it as a bad job ages ago ;)

lol you are seriously going to think I'm stalking you but I'm seriously considering one on the basis that I really rather like my Blackberry and it does everything I need/want from a phone but I do also cart my ipod about so I could end up upgrading that instead.

I'm watching ;)

I bought it because the wife fancied one, no chance, she can get her own :LOL:

ha ha! No chance of that happening round here either I'm afraid, my other half is one of these people who buys really awkward kit that is a nightmare to use just so long as it's not Apple!

I'm on my own with this one! :)

Sleep Cycle :D

Great app.

Some I use all the time...

Simple DoF
NDCalc
Folders
Memento (great 'tags' feature)
TouchMouse
Matador (if you like travel blogs)
Wi-Fi Finder (can download an offiline database so you can always find a hotspot)

I was well impressed with the itouch having upgraded from a Creative Zen, so much more than an mp3 player. Now only if I could get apple to make the iphone as compact and light.

I always fancied an iphone but as I already had a blackberry I was told that the ipod touch does everything an iphone can - same apps etc - for a fraction of the price so I bought one a few weeks ago.

Angry Birds is good for a few hours entertainment. Facebook for those who love it lol, sky sports .....

Will be trying a few of the apps that are on this list too !!!

Awyse atomic clock
Sky News
decibel
WiFi Analyzer (yeah it's with a z)
Plane Finder

various prices, some free, some 59p, maybe the odd one a £3 or so. But all good fun.

I can recommend WeatherPro as a very reliable weather app, I always use it to determine whether it'll be a day to get the camera out... It's had some decent upgardds recently too. :)

also for weather... Aeroweather, good and extremely accurate if you live a fair sized airport... All the captains apparently use it!?

Stanza for ebooks. You can download from a lot of online libraries and you can transfer books (pdfs or others) from your computer.

Talking Carl ... nuff said

Yup :) I am I struggling to get three stars on five or six levels, bloody hard!

When you have done it make sure you do the extra hidden eggs too!

Also - download Plants Vs Zombies - Tis sooooo AWESOME!

Peggle! Peggle! Peggle! Peggle! Peggle! Peggle! Peggle! Peggle! Peggle! Peggle! Peggle! Peggle! Peggle! Peggle! Peggle!

I like peggle.

Back