Just got my very first roll back from processing

4543666568_f6e0081fc5_o.gif

Just ordered a Dynax 7, looking forward to using the latest SSM lenses to see what results I get. Will have to slow down and take a more measured approach rather than blasting away @ 5 fps.

I was unbelievably excited to get back my first roll, it seemed like forever waiting! They said it "should" be ready by 3pm, and I tell you I was there quite a bit before the hour hand ever went near 3...

My first roll of film was shot on a family holiday when I was 9 years old with some bakelite 120 roll-film box. My dad paid a premium for next day processing for me, and I was pestering all the next day until 4pm when they were ready to collect. Still remember the waves of joy that I experienced when my pictures all came out. In fact, those shots are the only decent ones of the trip - as the other roll were taken by my mother and she managed to decapitate everyone in pretty much every frame!

Fast forward 36 years, and I've just run my first roll of 35mm film for what seems like forever. Finished the roll with a couple of shots of a village on outskirts of town, drove into town, and 5 minutes later, I'm stood at the counter of Boots the Chemists, paying for a 1 hour process on my film. Still the impatient 9 year old, just wrapped in a 45 year old body. And Yes - I DID get the same kick out of seeing my shots as I did all those years ago.

Yes I was excited, and I shot 2x rolls of acros 100 during a fashion shoot on Monday that I really reeeeally cannot wait to get dev'd. BUT, I'm in turmoil about whether to buy the gear and start doing it at home...especially considering these shots are quite important and if I cock it up I'll regret it forever.

Maybe I should shoot something I couldn't give a toss about and attempt home dev'ing with that first? lol

I'm done with digital until I can afford a digital back for my mamiya

I'm in turmoil about whether to buy the gear and start doing it at home...especially considering these shots are quite important and if I cock it up I'll regret it forever.

Maybe I should shoot something I couldn't give a toss about and attempt home dev'ing with that first? lol

Get it dev'd at a lab. Practice on rolls that you would be happy to never see again if you messed it up, and then when you are really comfortable, then when you next have important stuff at a later point in the future, you can then dev it yourself. Don't chance it, you'll regret it.

Thanks for the advice....literally leaving now to drop the film off to be dev'd by the pro-lab I've conveniently stumbled on at the end of my road :D

Back