Just ordered a 350D

Name
Steve Green
Edit My Images
Yes
At last!

Just ordered myself a 350d kit with a 1Gb card and the 50mm 1.8 lens.

Been messing about thinking about it for a while but finally pressed the button today. Should have it all delivered by the weekend if they pull their fingers out!

Just under £620 all in :clap:

congrats mate :) Now you can look forward to many hours reading up on reviews for the next "must have" accessory :thumb:

Congratulations - great camera and also a great lens to get you going out straight out of the box.

:thumb:

cool,

there is nothing like getting a brand new DSLR out the box for the first time,

enjoy

MyPix

Well done. I'll never forget my first SLR and it wasn't a patch on the 350D. Good choice on the 50mm 1.8 lens too. It's a real cracker and tack sharp. :)

congratulations steve nice camera and lens :thumb:

well done mate, great choice, you'll love it. Start saving for the battery pack too, its a great addition.

DJW said:
About bl**dy time ;)

I was thinking something similar.

Give it 2 weeks and you will be looking at other lenses etc to buy :)

I agree with boon, take a look at this, it may be worth making an offer for the grip??

sloth said:
I really don't want to sell my Digital SLR, Lenses and accessories but I have no choice - I'm trying to save for a house, so it has to go.

Everything is in immaculate condition and between 3-7 months old. Everything has been pampered since new, stored properly and I have receipts for all items - everything is still under warranty. There is some excellent kit here, and will all be delivered by RMSD (if financially viable - otherwise next best available). All prices include delivery. If you wish to buy multiple items, I could reduce the prices a little.

Pricing is good after looking at what items are selling for on eBay. If you want to make an offer, do so by email please.

Canon EOS 350D Body - £380 - Picture
Fully boxed in immaculate unmarked condition. Shutter fired approx 2500 times - so very light use only. Comes boxed with camera, body cap, carry strap, charger, battery, all cables, drivers, manuals etc. Around 7 months old, still have receipt so is still under warranty. No picture of the camera, as I've got nothing to take a picture of it with. :p

Canon EOS 350D Battery Grip BG-E3 + 2 batteries (for 350D) - £80 - All the gubbins | Front | Rear | Batteries
Boxed in as new condition. 4 months old. Supplied with 2 compatable high capacity batteries. Comes with receipt for warranty.

Pending Transfer - Sigma 24-70mm f/2.8 EX DG Macro (Canon EF Fit) - £220 - Lens, box + case | Side | Other side | Angled view | Another angle | Front | Rear
Excellent standard zoom lens, f/2.8 throughout and very sharp. Immaculate as new condition - only 3 months old. Only used a few times. Bought from UK supplier - so you get the UK 3 year warranty. Still have the receipt and the warranty card has never been filled out. Comes with everything as new - boxes with front and rear lens caps, hood, manual, warranty card and carry case.

Sigma 12-24mm f/4.5-5.6 EX DG ASPHERICAL HSM (Canon EF Fit) - £280 -- Box + Lens + Case | Naked | Side | Another view | And another | Front | Rear |
Ultra Wide zoom lens, suitable for full frame cameras too. Fast HSM Focus. Excellent condition - around 7 months old. Bought from UK supplied - so you get the UK 3 year warranty. Still have the receipt and the warranty card has never been filled out. Comes with everything as new - boxed with front and rear lens caps, hood, manual, warranty card and carry case.

Pending Transfer - Canon 430EX Speedlite - £140 - Flash, box, case, manual | Front | Rear
3 months old, purchased from UK supplier. Still have receipt. Comes boxed with case and I'll even throw in 4 AA batteries. :)

Crumpler Bunnyman Carry Case - £40 - Picture | Another | Last one
3 months old, still have receipt for warranty. This is the black version of the bag, with green internals. Immaculate condition. Comes with all the section dividers. Held my 350D, grip, 50mm f/1.8, 24-70, 12-24, filters, flash and CF cards. Was tight, but it did it. :)

Sold - Adidt M1 Remote Cord - £7 - Picture
Not alot to say about this. It's a remote shutter cable thingy. I've used it once, and it's works perfectly. Much cheaper than the canon version, and does the same. :)

For payment, I can do PayPal (+ fees), Bank Transfer or Cheque. Bank Transfer works best for me - no fees, and it's faster than cheque.

I have really enjoyed - correction, enjoy my 300D Use the Sigma 18 - 200 most of the time, but the 50mm (equiv 90mm) is on my wish list as 100mm Nikkor used to be my favourite for kids portrait work many years ago. Enjoy and experiment. If not the battery pack I would recommend a spare battery - other makes seem to last when fully charged as long as the Canon one and a lot cheaper! Its reviewing ones masterpieces that eats power.

:eek:fftopic:
I always thought that the 105mm f/2.5 Nikkor was the best-ever M/F Nikon ever made - I used it almost exclusively on my old F3 for portrait work.
I get quite misty-eyed when I remember those days...

Glen said:
I agree with boon, take a look at this, it may be worth making an offer for the grip??

I have not held the 350d with a grip so i will be seeing how I get on with it initially. The bank account is looking a bit light now when all is taken into consideration but..........it's my birthday soon!

Lorna needs to start saving for that methinks :whistle2:

congrats Steve, you wont regret buying it, deffo get saving for a grip, must have accessory!

Welcome to the world of permanently empty pockets.:snap1:

You'll tell your self it'll be ok and then you'll buy the grip, that will need another battery so you'll have one of those too. Then before you know it there will be a 70-200mm f2.8 L winging it's way to you and of course you'll simply have to have a 2x convertor too

:doh:

Back