Just ordered...

You'll love it... superb lens. I'm pretty sure it's always carried 'L' status when registering minimum kit requirement for Canon Pro Services. Things might change I suppose with the 50mm 1.2L being available shortly.

Actually, I found 50mm a bit too long for indoor portraits on the 350D. Maybe I should've gotten the 35mm.

I bought the lens for a shoot this weekend, a local band recording a live album. I'm lucky that I've got free reign to move around wherever I want including on stage with the band. It shouldn't be too long for where I'm using it, in fact I nearly went for the 85mm 1.8 instead. The gig is 3 hours so I'll have plenty of time to experiment and I'm planning to use my Sigma 150mm for some tighter stuff as well.

I nearly went for the nifty but knew I'd want to upgrade sooner rather than later so thought I may as well treat myself ;)

Superb lens.. For low light they don't come any better..:)

Very nice, 1.8s I like, cant imagine how good the 1.4 is (y)

It's here, shot a few quick test frames and OH MY HOLY GOD! Amazing colour, gorgeous bokeh and oh so sharp. I'm kicking myself for not getting this lens sooner.

Back