Just registered

• Thread starter Deleted member 95736
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 95736

I’d like to just introduce myself as I’ve just joined after swopping over to Olympus. Prior to Olympus I was a Pentax user for 20 years moving into digital with an *ist D and prior to that a film user, using a variety of cameras from 35mm to 5x4 sheet and doing all the processing and printing.

My needs these days are a bit simpler and I got a bit fed up hawking all my kit about and simplified things with an M43 system of a camera and two zooms, oh and a drone. I think everything I have now weighs less than my 70-200!

It remains to be seen if Olympus will suit me but I think it will and I’ve joined to pick the brains of those of you who know more than me, particularly about Olympus and of course to contribute where I can.

My photography interests are fairly broad but I’m more of a walkabout photographer these days and I’m too lazy to be a landscape photographer or faff with lighting and flash and tripods, well most of the time. Having bought the E M5 and the drone I’m quite keen to put some video together but that is a learning curve for me as I’ve done virtually no video.

I look forward to using the forum.

Hello and welcome Obsima.

I too started in the film days and have been with Micro Four Thirds almost since the beginning with the Panasonic GF1 and still have Panasonic cameras today and also a Sony.

I'm sure there's lots here to interest you so I hope you enjoy the forum and I look forward to seeing your pictures :D

Welcome to the forum Obsima, I hope you enjoy yourself here :welcome:

Hi, And welcome aboard TP, looking forward to hearing from you and maybe seeing some of your images on the various forums. "Enjoy"

Welcome, I did the same as you and dumped my heavy Nikon wildlife gear for a couple of small Olympus E-M5 Mk3 bodies and a 30mm, 56mm & 75mm for 'street' work - great to not be carrying all the weight I previously did. :)

Thanks for the welcome. I've already dived right in and started picking people's brains :)

Back