Beginner Just started out !

Hi I have just started out in photography and would love some feedback on some of my pictures people have been telling me some a really good but don't know if they are just being nice or what lol so if some of you could give me some constructive criticism that would be great cheers.

Hi, as judi has said get some images posted up, there are plenty of great togs on here who will give constructive advice.

and dont be scared of posting and dont be scared of any negative feedback - if it wasn't for the honesty of TP users, I'd still be shooting snaps :)

Oh I ain't scared i got my first camera 3 weeks ago and I love going out taking pictures I people appreciate them that's great and as for criticism you don't get anywhere with people saying everything's good, when you say worried about putting pictures up do u mean people taking them and using them ?

The best of the bunch is the moonlight shot, the others are lacking a focal point, or a point of interest. The white building could have something but your eye seems to be all over the shot with again no focal point. Composition is a big factor, when you see something you like have a look from different angles, what looks good, what does not, anything to lead into the shot? But well done and keep at it. Keep posting and your hobby will come on in leaps and bounds with the wealth of knowledge on here.

Oh I ain't scared i got my first camera 3 weeks ago and I love going out taking pictures I people appreciate them that's great and as for criticism you don't get anywhere with people saying everything's good, when you say worried about putting pictures up do u mean people taking them and using them ?

I think Carl means don't be scared to post up your pics for review, criticism good or bad can be taken on board and learnt from.

Thanks Graham can I just ask when you say focal point how can you get that in a shot like the moonlight one ? Its a vast area ?

Me personally with the moonlight shot I would have been tempted to crop it into portrait mode. Keeping the moon towards the right of the shot and using the river? At the bottom to lead in. Also I could be wrong here but maybe a faster shutter speed, to keep the motion out of the clouds and to keep the exposure down from the bright moon?. But someone who is more experienced than myself will be along soon to offer their knowledge.

Well for that one the moon was really bright I had a small aperture and a long shutter speed can't remember what the iso was at .

Back