Just starting Astrophotography

Edit My Images
Yes
My hubby has bought me a Celestron Telescope as a birthday present!

Now looking at starting to do Astrophotography.... where to start!

Got a Nikon D60VR

Thanks guys!!

My hubby has bought me a Celestron Telescope as a birthday present!

Now looking at starting to do Astrophotography.... where to start!

Got a Nikon D60VR

Thanks guys!!

Hi Nicky

Congrats on the new scope (y) but it would help if you could tell us the model :thinking: I have two Celestron scopes and they are totally different beasts to use for Astro work :D

Steve

Hi,

Thanks for your replies... I am still mega excited :) Its the 130EQ model with a 10mm and 20mm eyepiece .

I also have the eyepiece and converter ring to attach my D60.

Thanks guys
Nicky

Hi,

Thanks for your replies... I am still mega excited :) Its the 130EQ model with a 10mm and 20mm eyepiece .

I also have the eyepiece and converter ring to attach my D60.

Thanks guys
Nicky

Hi Nicky, congrats on the scope. Do you have drive motors on the mount ? If not, I would recommend getting some, as the star fields appear to rotate, at a quite surprising rate.

I don't know the Celestron 130mm Newtonian, but I suspect it's the same as the Skywatcher, as they are both made by Synta, and I've heard that the focuser doesn't quite have enough in travel to achieve focus with an SLR. If you have a barlow lens then this can be used to get focus.

I'd suggest hopping over to one of the dedicated Astro forums, where I'm sure someone will be able to provide you specific assistance with that scope. PM me if you would like a couple of suggestions.

Thanks all.

Yes it has the drive motor. It is shocking how quickly they move, I agree! And, yes I have the Barlow lens fit for my Nikon with the T ring adapter.

Cool... I will check it out... thats all !!!

Nicky :)

Back