Just starting out with portraits/people. Some criticism please

Edit My Images
Yes
Hi,

I've been an amateur landscape photographer mainly for a few years now, but i've started taking photos of friends and family recently. This is a picture I have taken of my daughter. It was taken on my 5d mark III which i've owned for approx a month, and my tamron 70-200mm lens which i've owned for 2 days.

Anyway I would like some critique if possible. This was really just a snapshot on a decent camera, Ideally I would have liked to have had an off camera flash setup or even a reflector, but this was just spur of the moment as she stood outside looking at trees. I'm really more concerned about where I may be going wrong with lightroom than anything else. My photo's always look odd too me after processing, which is why I am here.

So any help with where I might be going wrong would be great, and i'll return with more attempts when I get my flashes setup as I would have liked.

Cheers!

t-critique.jpg

Hi

As you say its a snapshot really. Given a bit of thought you could improve it. Watch the backgrounds - try to find an uncluttered one/one you can throw out of focus.

The girl herself is fine, its the bush/car/tree/garage which are distracting me from the subject of the pic.

Just my 2p

Shaheed

I have to agree the Background ruins this shot, an easy fix in Photoshop though

Just for fun

Les ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Back