Just Thawed

Name
Paul
Edit My Images
Yes
Noticed outside on my Plum tree some water droplets that had just thawed out, so i changed the lens on my camera over to the 35mm Zuiko macro and braved the elements to be able to take the shot.

Constructive criticism and comments welcomed.

Best regards Paul

Compositionally for me the image needs a bit of cropping to place the droplet onto a third, also, crop the right slightly to use the edge of the branch to lead you up to the drop, but the main problem with the image is the use of on camera flash, which has overpowered the tones of the branch. As the subject was immobile the use of a longer exposure and a tripod would probably have given a better result.

I realized after the shot had been taken, and things were put by that i could have at least defused the shot.
But at the time the dark clouds were closing in so fast i was loosing light, so much so the camera would not even focus, so i had to make a snap decision and use the inboard flash.
It may have been better if i had turned the power down to 1/16 the same time as defusing, but i am going to be looking out for a similar situation, and use the tripod, now its funny as i would have normally used a tripod for this type of shot, but then you live and learn!.

A big thanks for your input to the thread.

Best regards Paul

Back