Just typical aint it.!!!!!

Name
Tim
Edit My Images
No
Got this lens to play with all weekend and the weather is crap... :annoyed:

200mmf1.8L%20(1).8.jpg

200mmf1.8L.jpg

Weather's great here, come on up :D You won't be able to sneak that lens back across the border though :banana:

Cripes dod, Its 12.20pm lunch time here and I am sat with the lights on its that dark.. :(

not good :(

I've been wiring up lights into the wifes new stables, I'm sweating in a t-shirt

dod said:
not good :(

I've been wiring up lights into the wifes new stables, I'm sweating in a t-shirt

"sniff sniff"

And I thought it was the horses.. :LOL:

if they ever invent the smellynet I'll make sure you get to share :D

Got this lens to play with all weekend and the weather is crap...

Well it's a lens favoured by indoor sports photographers, so perhaps you could remove the weather from the equation? :)

UPDATE

It is almost black outside and raining very hard now... :annoyed:

The tree branches are blowing sideways with the strong wind now..

Hopefully this storm will clear and things will brighten up round here. :banana:

Look at this... :shock:

storm.jpg

dazzajl said:
Well it's a lens favoured by indoor sports photographers, so perhaps you could remove the weather from the equation? :)

Very true but I love the outdoors mate.. ;)

Don't be a wimp - get out there and exploit the low light capability of that lens!;)

Actually, I've got an invite to go out disgustingly early tomorrow morning with a bunch of Carp fishermen, not that I'm remotely interested in fishing, but it might be an opportunity to get some shots, and the place where the pools are situated is supposed to be a haven for wildlife, including a pair of buzzards, so I'm very tempted if the weather is half reasonable and I can drag my butt out of bed.

I should be up for sunrise shots of St Cyrus Nature Reserve.
PM me your phone number and I'll get your @ass out of yer pit :LOL:

CT said:
Don't be a wimp - get out there and exploit the low light capability of that lens!;)

Actually, I've got an invite to go out disgustingly early tomorrow morning with a bunch of Carp fishermen, not that I'm remotely interested in fishing, but it might be an opportunity to get some shots, and the place where the pools are situated is supposed to be a haven for wildlife, including a pair of buzzards, so I'm very tempted if the weather is half reasonable and I can drag my butt out of bed.

Wel lit was bitterly cold and I didn't get any decent wildlife shots - I got one sight of the buzzards and they were soaring way too high. I did fulfill the role I was invited for though, to take some decent pics of the catch. This carp was just under 12lb caught by one of my brothers, and was one of a few around that weight caught on the day.

Rex_Carp_1.jpg

Against my better judgement, I was persuaded to have a go and actually landed one just under 11lbs. I was amazed how powerful these fish are! I enjoyed the day and the experience was something else, although I'm not tempted to start collecting a load of fishing tackle. :)

CT said:
although I'm not tempted to start collecting a load of fishing tackle. :)
Nice fish, I used to fish years ago as a kid with me mates, loved every minute of it. So much so I'm considering buying some stuff to take my son who is 6 years old, but have been putting off because I can see him ending up in the water and us having to come home....and the fact he can't sit still for two minutes!
Nice shot and I'm pleased you enjoyed the day.

busterboy said:

...is that a lesson or something Mr Hans Blix should be on the look out for? :LOL:

DavidUK said:
busterboy said:

...is that a lesson or something Mr Hans Blix should be on the look out for? :LOL:

..lens sorry, just emailed one of my nightclass buddies, got lessons on the brain :ponders:

Back