Just want to say a HUGE Thank you...

Name
PHILIP
Edit My Images
No
...To all you guys that have offered me advice and encouragement with my sports photography.

It was a year ago when I split up with my girlfriend of 12 years and to be honest it hit me so hard I almost sold all my camera gear and thought sod it. Anyway a few months after I found TP and started looking at the sports stuff on here and thought 'I want some of that'

That started the long & expensive process of upgrading my gear. Now a year down the line and over £7000 spent (of which was house deposit money for me and my ex) I'm really enjoying what I'm doing. Yes I'm 31, single and still living with the parents, but hey I'd rather have a go at forging a Sports Photography career than being alone in a new house.

I get a buzz when I come back from Farsley on a Saturday and upload the images onto here and get great comments from you guys.

Some of you have asked if I want to shoot for an agency and have offered to put my details forward. I can't tell you how much this means to me and only encourages me more to improve and make sure that when I do decide to apply for an agency I'm at a level where I'm 110% confident in my ability to do a good job.

Cheers to you all for helping me get my photography mojo back and also giving me a career focus for once in my life.

I now looking forward to Farsley's games more than I do Liverpool's matches (though the way Roy has started it's hardly surprising:LOL:)
(y)

Best of luck Phil, and thanks to you for all your help too :)

Good luck Philip and may you go from strength to strength.

I have decided not to hijack your thread so I have deleted the original message and started my own.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well in Phil, one thing you know you wont get on here is Bull S*****d, you might not like the advice but its sincere

Good on ya Phil, you've become one of the people whose posts I follow with interest. Good luck in all that you do.

...To all you guys that have offered me advice and encouragement with my sports photography.

It was a year ago when I split up with my girlfriend of 12 years and to be honest it hit me so hard I almost sold all my camera gear and thought sod it. Anyway a few months after I found TP and started looking at the sports stuff on here and thought 'I want some of that'

That started the long & expensive process of upgrading my gear. Now a year down the line and over £7000 spent (of which was house deposit money for me and my ex) I'm really enjoying what I'm doing. Yes I'm 31, single and still living with the parents, but hey I'd rather have a go at forging a Sports Photography career than being alone in a new house.

I get a buzz when I come back from Farsley on a Saturday and upload the images onto here and get great comments from you guys.

Some of you have asked if I want to shoot for an agency and have offered to put my details forward. I can't tell you how much this means to me and only encourages me more to improve and make sure that when I do decide to apply for an agency I'm at a level where I'm 110% confident in my ability to do a good job.

Cheers to you all for helping me get my photography mojo back and also giving me a career focus for once in my life.

I now looking forward to Farsley's games more than I do Liverpool's matches (though the way Roy has started it's hardly surprising:LOL:)
(y)

(y)

Same thing happened to me 3 years ago, was with a girl for 4 years and i lost everything, including all my canon gear and my house. Just finished paying all the debt 3 years later!
Anyway, keep it up, as i will.... keeps me happy thats the main thing!
Chris

No problem Ali. By the way how's the 400 going? Are you getting sharper pics now?

400:thinking: 300 :)

Im trying to work on the pp now to see if that helps - they just dont seem sharp :( prob user error more like - hom hum keep tryin :)

what a soppy bunch of togs you lot are :)

Back