Just won this Helios 135mm f2.8 on the bay. Any good?

Name
Andy
Edit My Images
No
Just won This Helios 135mm f2.8 with M42 fitting so it can go on the front of my Canon 40d. Won for £16.01. What a bargain. I have done a little research and found a fair few images taken with this lens and they were nearly all pretty stunning! This will go with my Helios 44 2 which was another bargain at £8.

Will i ever use my Canon lenses ever again?:LOL:

Oh and if i go bankrupt i will blame you lot as this manual lens thing is damn addictive. I have lived on ebay for the past 2 weeks!!!!!! My eyes don't work anymore:LOL:

Bad photo from the bay:
!BYc0k,!BGk~$(KGrHgoH-CQEjlLl1C88BKhpl4gSf!~~_1.JPG

Oh and if i go bankrupt i will blame you lot as this manual lens thing is damn addictive. I have lived on ebay for the past 2 weeks!!!!!! My eyes don't work anymore:LOL:

Its terrible these days, you won't go bankrupt unless you're looking for a bokeh monster.

I've watched several go for 40-50 quid, I was in for this one, thought I'd do maybe £70....

Just checked with 5 hours to go......:puke:

I dunno what's going on with M42, somebody should re-invent digital or something.

I know what you mean, I want a couple of wides to put on my prakticas but they are going for silly money. The 135 f2.8 is a classic design, most are pretty good and that's a nice price

I know what you mean, I want a couple of wides to put on my prakticas but they are going for silly money. The 135 f2.8 is a classic design, most are pretty good and that's a nice price

Yeah, the later 6 blader isn't too bad, its the orestor/pentacon 15 bladers that seem to cost a fortune.
I dunno, I haven't really seen a bad 135, I'm sure the Helios will be bonza.

I bought a Tair 11A instead....:cool:

You're not gonna go too far wrong with 135mm lenses. Enjoy.

Also, I have the 44 f/2, which is a strange little one - The bokeh can all go a bit mad, but I quite like it. It can makes everything look a bit 'cartoonish'. I really must get an M42 adapter for it :)

Back