Juve Female Kingfisher

Name
Pete
Edit My Images
Yes
I'm still struggling to shake off a cough I picked up on a flight for work recently, so I've been staying in a lot and keeping still and quiet. Sunday though, I thought I'd get my sorry a$$ out for at least an hour or so.

Apart from a brief moment at the Flashes (UW) I'd not got many kf pics with my new lens, so headed to a local spot providing good results for many, including a few on here ;)

4877160194_074d4279b1_o.jpg

4877160894_72bb1ed584_o.jpg

4876549869_c6b8224018_o.jpg

All taken with a Canon 50D, 500mm F4 + 1.4TC, resting on the hide window frame. Most shots are very minor crops - indeed I had to switch the camera to portrait mode for one perch to get the bird in the frame.

Despite her age, this kingfisher must have had about a 90% success rate at catching fish.

A few more shots on my web gallery. :)

Well done Pete superb shots - and really like the second one. Bet the results from this outing made you feel a little better! (y)

Very nice Pete, I bet you are pleased with both the shots and your new lens.

Very nice Pete, I bet you are pleased with both the shots and your new lens.

Definitely on both counts. The big lens means I've had to adjust the way I approach my photography but yields results I doubt I'd ever achieve with the 400mm. I still carry the smaller lens as I often find there are locations / instances where the more awkward big lens simply won't work or fit.

Cheers all

:)

A stunning set of pics there pete, and certainly some the best KF's I've seen posted on these forums, Well done sir. :clap:

Back