Juvenile Bar Tailed Godwit(2 Images Added)

Name
Karen
Edit My Images
No
While photographing the Curlew this fella paid a visit

juvbartailedgodwit.jpg

bartailedgodwit.jpg

bartailedgodwit5.jpg

Last edited:
Love that third one, top drawer image that Kaz (not that there is anything wrong with the others) :clap:

Super set Kaz, #3 for me as I think the foreground plant just adds a little more depth to that shot. (y)

Agree with ajo the third for me aswell and the plantlife enhances the shot.

Excellent work Kaz :) as usual. #1 for me but all are good

Kaz , I might be wrong with this but could the first be a Black Tailed Godwit. I'm looking at the tail and also the bill, the Black Tailed has a straighter beak whereas the Bar Tailed is more up-curved.

Kaz , I might be wrong with this but could the first be a Black Tailed Godwit. I'm looking at the tail and also the bill, the Black Tailed has a straighter beak whereas the Bar Tailed is more up-curved.

You could be right lammie I am no real expert on these birds especially when they are juvenile they all seem so similar so maybe you are right I will scrutinize them later would be good if it was the Black Tailed then I would have seen another species its a fab place am going back in March to try for the Barn owls watched them hunting it was fantastic but by the time they decided to come out the light had gone so winter time will be the best I think am checking it out with a few contacts before I book another hol liked your shot of the Knots at Snettisham must have been a great sight tide wasnt right for us so we didnt bother there

Looks like you've been to Gods Country then Karen, three super Goddy shots. Nigel Pye from Norfolk has got some Owl Workshops coming up, see his latest 3 pics on BF for the link if you are interested.

Back