Juvenile birds

Name
Trev
Edit My Images
Yes
A few visitors to my garden today, Have been changing the way I process these pics, any comments are welcome.

1) Juvenile Robin (I think)
4775003242_e7593c5531_b.jpg

2) Juvenile Blackbird. This was taken through tinted double glazing so I know the colours are not accurate and I have lost some detail.
4774366409_9d70b42a29_b.jpg

3) Juvenile Sparrow, taken looking under some bushes where the light was contrasty.
4775003784_487bcffc32_b.jpg

Thanks for looking

C & C Welcome

What lens are you armed with now then Trev?

First is sharp mate (y)
Thanks Dan, the second 2 werent under ideal conditions but I was pleased with the robin. I bought a Canon 500mm f/4 lens and to be honest am loving it especially with the 7D. I'm unable to get out and about too well just now so am hanging out to use the lens in anger, thats why I have posted some shots from my garden recently. Hopefully within the next couple of weeks I'll be out and about again.

First one is great Trev some great detail, like you said the second took through a window and you can tell this, the third is a decent shot considering the conditions
Cheers Karen, thats appreciated. While I had time on my hands I tried using ACR instead of DPP to process the RAW images. These were done with ACR and TBH I dont feel its a patch on DPP.

Cracking Robin capture Trev - lovely pose & framed.

Robin shot is excellent, the other two are a bit on the soft side.

Lovely set Trev,as kaz says you can tell the second one is taken through glass,i am a little concerned actually mate,the fact you are taking these pics sat down because of your injured ankle,i dread to think how good its going to get when your mobile,
good work Trev,
regards,
john.

Trev that second shot is superb considering conditions,what did you use to clean the glass (lol)just joking,the first is a real nice bit of processing,but my fav is the third for it's composition.

Back