Juvenile Cuckoo

Edit My Images
Yes
A first for me, a juvenile Cuckoo ... this one has been reared by a couple of Reed Warblers, who have run themselves ragged keeping up with the demands of 'junior'

470_027.jpg

470_024.jpg

First is a stunning portrait of a seldom seen bird.

Second, for me, is even better as it shows the size of the bird compared to the "parent" bird.

Two fabulous shots,well done.

Somebody is bound to advise cloning the branch out of number two,I would not bother.

Lucky man Martyn - wonderful to see - the juvenile colours and detail in #1 are well captured

good shots - pity about the branch in the second but it only distracts rather than takes away from the image, (careful cloning could remove it) .. and the scale is well illustrated

Hope you see them again - take as many shots as you can

TFS

Cracking shot- I have photographed a Cuckoo on my local patch, but to get one being fed by the host parent is a rare capture indeed

well caught

Les

Very good captures and very nice to see, especially for people like myself who are newish to bird photogrpahy. Nature is such a great thing!

Thanks for your thoughts, rest assured Ade I will not be cloning anything out ... too much like hard work, and to be frank ... pointless :D

We are hoping that there are more at the reserve, it was thought that a second could be heard calling, certainly a first for me to see and photograph.

Amazing picture. When will the "parent" get a clue about not beeing the reel parents? That is mad.

Excellent captures and a great opportunity for you :)

Thanks for your thoughts, rest assured Ade I will not be cloning anything out ... too much like hard work, and to be frank ... pointless :D

We are hoping that there are more at the reserve, it was thought that a second could be heard calling, certainly a first for me to see and photograph.
Best of luck bud, hope you get similar quality shots as this.

Very nice. I've been watching a juvenile being fed by a meadow pipit for a couple of weeks now.
Awesome birds.

Lazy git! You know me mate I like pointless ;) Two very good environmental shots whichever way you look at them (y) Send my regards on to Nige if you see him.

470_024_zps0psrga6r.jpg

Great captures Martyn, well done. I've not heard a cuckoo in years.

Excellent :clap: the 2nd looks rather comical :D

Excellent captures get that 2nd one in some competitions like the current countryfile one... as mentioned a very rare scene. :D

not many of them about very rare these days.....

Back