Juvenile Goldfinches

Name
Gordon
Edit My Images
Yes
I know that many people including myself don't like to see feeders in photographs of birds. The majority of the bushes in my garden are conifers, and I have set up branches in the hope of getting birds to perch on them before going on to the feeders, alas without much success.

I have never had Goldfinches in my garden, and was advised to set up feeders with Sun Flower Hearts to attract them. I did this a week ago and I am pleased to be able to post the first shots of the birds that have come to feed.

Thank you for taking the time to look and feel free to comment.

4996050870_02d944ab03_b.jpg
[/url][/IMG]

4995444683_33fa829640_b.jpg
[/url][/IMG]

Bump

They're such funny little things at that age arent they :)

The main thing is you've got them visiting, once they've found you they usually come back regularly, so you have plenty of time to set up some branches they'll land on.

All my feeders hang from the branches.

Totally agree with Ant put the branches in such a way they land on those first then hop on to the feeder well Done
Regards
Richard

Thanks Anthony, already have branches set up, waiting patiently, am sure it is only a matter of time.

Thank you one and all for your valid advice, will try all the suggested tips.
Regards : Gordon

A Goldfinch in the garden Gordon :thinking: has all the possibilities of a #1 song ;) Congrats m8 and we only give you the one feeder shot by token of our goodwill, so dont say you have not been warned :D Hopefully they will stay around for you.

Cheers Rich you are so generous, I will bear that in mind,

Back