Juvenile Red squirrel

Now don`t be falling out of any trees and hurting yourself, Mrs Sawman would not be forgiving of you.

You have not met the long suffering Mrs Sawman. 16stone of blind fury when she gets wound up.
She would be away with the policy before I hit the ground.:shrug:

Thank you.
The squirrels are now spread out over quite a large area (approx 2miles by 1 mile) & have been a bit scarce around the hide. By that I mean only about 3or4 around when I am there. There has been a good supply of natural food around for them & I am hoping that my feeding efforts will get them through the winter / spring in good condition.
Good condition means a good crop of young ones.
So yes I would think you may well see more shots of the wee red ones.(y)

Beautiful pictures and its great that you will be looking after them during the winter.

How you managed to get so close amazes me!

Well stocked feeders, a hide right at the spot, and a lot of patience! ....which Charlie has and I don't!!

(Although my shot of one of "Charlie's reds" and a coal tit are this month's shot in the TP calendar..yay!)

Last edited:
Well stocked feeders, a hide right at the spot, and a lot of patience! ....which Charlie has and I don't!!

(Although my shot of one of "Charlie's reds" and a coal tit are this month's shot in the TP calendar..yay!)

You can say that again! The bit about you having no patience.:LOL:

That is why I did not submit a red for this years calendar.
Did not think they would want reds two years in a row.
Good knowing one of my wee pals got into the calendar though.:D
Weel done lassie;):D

You know what Charlie, if there's one thing that definitely brings a smile to my ravaged old face its a picture of a little red and yours are the best I've seen. Thanks mate, made my day... again. (y)

Andy

You know what Charlie, if there's one thing that definitely brings a smile to my ravaged old face its a picture of a little red and yours are the best I've seen. Thanks mate, made my day... again. (y)

Andy

Thank you kind sir.
The latest offering from Taxi is up there with anything I have produced though.

I have another wee squirrel project starting tomorrow. It does not involve a camera yet though.;)

Thank you kind sir.
The latest offering from Taxi is up there with anything I have produced though.

I have another wee squirrel project starting tomorrow. It does not involve a camera yet though.;)

Just seen Taxi's offerings and they too lift the spirits. :D

Andy

Great shots love the last one
well done for feeding them its been ages since we saw reds
Pete

Great shots love the last one
well done for feeding them its been ages since we saw reds
Pete

Thank you
The feeding goes on all year but steps up a gear about now through the winter.
The increase in birdlife has been dramatic too.:D

Back