Juvenile Red Squirrel

Edit My Images
Yes
Out with my Dad and Emily again today, but were forced to sit around the car as Emily had fallen asleep, mind you it was a blessing in disguise as we were able to get a look at this little guy/gal happily munching away quite content in the trees near to us.

I was able to shoot these from a bridge about 40 feet away and on the same level. Unfortunately the light was terrible and these are 800 ISO with shutter speeds around 1/400 to 1/1000th in an attempt to get them sharp which wasn't easy as there was a lot of movement. Put it this way at 100 ISO the shutter was about 1/8th to 1/30th - oh for some sun :(

215948820-L.jpg

215949439-L.jpg

215945715-L.jpg

215951635-L.jpg

He/she must have spent a good 2 hours or so working his/her way through the larch cones before disappearing.

Thanks for looking,

Mike.

You have got a great set of pictures there, all sharp great stuff.

I'm sorry. ... Im saying nothing photographic here............or constructive.......... but..

THAT IS SOOOOOOOOO SWEET!!! :love::love::love:

Oh my gosh! Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww :love: :love:

Excellent shots! I didn't even notice any noise :LOL:

Thanks folks, quite chuffed with these considering the light conditions etc, what we thought was to be a day just to get Emily out for some fresh air ended up being pretty good.

Mike.

Nice shots Mike - you definitely caught the Awwwww factor there. :D

Very nice nice set :clap:
and as I always say, its nice to see out native reds instead of the grey vermin (y)

great shots reminds me of tufty showing my age now i bet no one remembers him?

Very very nice Mike considering conditions and what a great subject :clap::clap:

Top notch set of cute shots (y)

Great set of pics.

Living down South never see a red Squirrel! Only millions of grey ones!

Brilliant shots. They look pretty sharp to me, and the colours are lovely. Presumably taken with the 100-400 on full extension? Are they cropped at all?

Thankfully where this was taken its predominantly softwoods, unfortunately we have plenty of greys as well and not being helped by the planting of amenity woods which are mostly all hardwood.

Thanks for all the great comments, I'm glad you like them, must be the best pics I've taken of a Red Squirel so far, now if only I could get it in the same tree next week AND for it to be sunny as well....

Mike.

Yeah, I can see them becoming the new must have 'pick-up' accessory :D, probably do better than a Ferarri eh? Be like the time Top Gear asked passers-by what they would pick the puppy or the new Aston Martin ....;)

Mike.

awwwwwwww!!!!! :love: I want one!!!!! :love:

What a fabulous set of pics of a really lovely squiggle! x x x x x

Back