K&F concept.

Name
lee
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi All.
are these tripods any good.
it won’t get a great deal of use so don’t need the best. But don’t want anything crap either. Normally had manfrottos in the past. Either one of these or I’m considering a befree advanced.
thanks.
lee

I've got one of there tripods,which I use for travelling, had it a couple of years, it's lightweight and pretty sturdy, much lighter than my old Velbon, for the money you can't really go wrong, I'll be using it later, as I'm in London, I'll be photographing Tower bridge later on when it the lights come on around 6pm.

The stuff in my experience (square filters) is great. What is less great is that they don't know the difference between reverse grad & grad when buying direct... And was a complete ball ache to sort out

I have a manfreotto befree live tripod the clamp legs metal version and sturdy. As for being a "travel tripod" is debatable for long trips. the Carbon fibre version may be the better option

I have a Aluminium K&F tripod. The model # is TM2515M1 which I bought in December 2021. I believe the model number has now been updated to K255A4….It’s an ‘ok’ tripod for the money. To be honest though, I only really used it a few times for indoor shooting and never tested it outdoors so it’s never been out in windy conditions. I do get the impression from the feel of it that it wouldn’t be particularly stable, and I’d only ever use my Benro Tortoise for outdoor shooting for that reason.

Mine is just sat in a cupboard at home at the moment; might even put it in the classifieds :)

I had one, and for the price it was quite good.
I also have a Zomei 666 which I actually prefer, the ball head seems better.

My son has a Zomei 555 which is also OK for the money.

They are both rigid for the price, and surprisingly nice to use.

One is thrown in the boot of the car, and the other goes to school, so an expensive tripod is not a good idea for either use.

Both fold over the centre column, so are reasonably convenient to carry, both came with carry cases, and both can be used with the centre column downwards.
On the 666 one leg can be used as a monopod.

Certainly not the best, but fine for general use with a balanced camera (ie not a huge lens with the tripod mount on the camera)

Look at the point where the three legs mount, and many of them look like they came out of the same factory, sometimes with very small differences, same with the leg extrusions.

thanks chaps, think im going to stick with manfrotto, my last 190 go was perfect, wish id never sold it:confused:

Back